In today’s world of modern technology, constantly browsing various websites on the internet for different tasks in our personal and professional life has become a part of our daily life.
But when our Windows computer suddenly blocks various necessary websites, and those websites are no longer accessible, it becomes a problem and a cause of concern. Does it sound unfair? And a little bit of an unreal scenario?
Some Windows users reported that, after upgrading from Windows 10 to 11, the system blocked certain websites, which prevented users from accessing those websites.
If that’s the case and interrupts your working progress and affects your user experience, you are landed in the right place. I will walk you through some proven and tested methods to round up your issue. So, keep engaged with me and follow the instructions precisely.
With that said, let’s get started.
Read more on how to Download & Install Steam on Windows 11
Why is my Windows 11 Blocking Certain Websites?
Your Windows 11 blocks certain websites due to the internet connection issue, misconfigured settings, or conflicting applications on your system. Also, the problematic DNS server and misconfigured IP configuration are other common reasons for blocking websites on Windows 11.
Usually, these mentioned causes are the main reasons for blocking websites on your Windows 11. Now, I will describe these reasons to know more about these causes to understand them better. Let’s see.
Here are the lists of reasons for blocking websites on Windows 11:
Internet Connection Issue
Poor or problematic internet connection issues are the first major reason for blocking particular websites on Windows 11. If your network connection is not good and unstable, there is a chance to block some websites on your Windows 11 computer.
Related guide: 4 Easy Steps to Open Windows 11 Administrative Tools
Misconfigured Settings is another leading cause for blocking websites in Windows 11. When your system settings are misconfigured, the system settings are not working correctly.
On the Windows system, sometimes some applications conflict with other programs and even with the system, creating terrific issues. For this issue, websites are blocked on Windows 11.
Problematic DNS Server
Problematic Domain Name Server (DNS) is also one of the primary reasons for occurring the issue. If your DNS server is misconfigured, it prevents web browsers from working correctly and blocks websites.
Misconfigured IP Configuration
Another cause to block websites on your Windows 11 is misconfigured Internet Protocol (IP) settings. Due to misconfigured IP configuration, your websites are blocked on Windows 11.
Also read, Windows 11: An Error Occurred While Creating the Directory
How to Unblock Websites on Windows 11
Blocking certain websites in Windows 11 is a pretty common issue for users. Due to some unusual issues I described already, the problem occurs on Windows 11.
However, the good news is if you face the same issue, there is no need to worry about that. Applying systematic and comprehensive approaches can help you resolve your case efficiently.
This section will show you some effective and practical solutions to resolve your website blocking issue on Windows 11.
Let’s see how you resolve your problem.
Here are the steps to unblock websites on Windows 11:
1. Run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter
Performing troubleshooting based on the specific issue is one of the effective and efficient solutions to resolve any problem on Windows 11.
If you encounter blocking website issues on your system, try running the Internet Connections Troubleshooter to fix your problem effortlessly. Running troubleshooting on your system helps you to resolve your case automatically.
You may also like to read: 13 Best Windows 11 Settings You Should Change Right Away
Here are the steps to run the Internet Connections Troubleshooter on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows System Settings app by pressing the Windows+I keys on your keyboard.
- Navigate to the System > Troubleshoot > Other troubleshooters.
- Click on Run next to the Internet Connections troubleshoot option under the Most frequent section.
- Wait a few seconds to detect the problems.
- Select Troubleshoot my connection to the internet to fix your issue.
- Wait a few seconds or more to detect the correct problems.
- Follow the on-screen instructions if the problem is found. Otherwise, the window shows a message: Troubleshooting couldn’t identify the problem.
- Click on Close to exit the window and check whether the blocking website issue persists or not.
Check out our separate post: Windows 11 Remote Desktop Authentication Error
2. Disable Windows Firewall
Another effective and tested method to fix your website block issue on your Windows 11 is disabling the Windows Firewall.
Sometimes, the Windows Firewall blocks some websites to prevent unethical situations from protecting users. So, try to disable Windows Firewall to resolve the problem.
Here are the steps to disable the Windows Firewall on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows Search pane by pressing the Windows+S on your keyboard.
- Type the control panel on the search bar, click on the search result, or hit the Enter key to open the Control Panel.
- Click on the System and Security options from the lists.
- Click on the Windows Defender Firewall option.
- Select the Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off option on the left side of the window.
- Choose the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option under the Private network settings.
- Choose the Turn off Windows Defender Firewall option under the Public network settings.
- Click on OK to apply the changes.
- Restart your computer and check whether the blocking website issue is fixed. If not, follow the next solutions.
Also related: Delete Windows 11 File Explorer Address Bar History
3. Use a VPN Software
Sometimes, it can be possible that certain websites are blocked in your region due to regional restrictions. It depends on the company’s business policy.
So, you need to use Virtual Private Network (VPN) software to resolve the issue. Using good VPN software helps you to connect with other regions and allow you to access restricted website.
Here are the steps to use VPN software to resolve the issue:
- Download and install good and established VPN software.
- Run the VPN software.
- Connect with a region that allows accessing the particular website you need to access.
- Visit your website to check whether your problem is solved.
4. Change DNS Server
Changing the DNS server can help you to resolve your blocking website issue on your Windows 11 computer. So, follow the steps below to change the DNS server.
Here are the steps to change the DNS server on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows Run program by pressing the Windows+R keys.
- Type cpl into the Run dialogue box and click on OK to open the Network Connections window.
- Right-click on your network adapter and select the Properties option to open the selected network adapter properties window.
- Select the Internet Protocol Version 4 (TCP/IPv4) and click on Properties.
- Choose the Use the following DNS server addresses option and enter the following address in the address field:
- Preferred DNS server: 126.96.36.199
- Alternate DNS server: 188.8.131.52
- Click OK to save the DNS server addresses.
You may also like Enable or Disable Offline Files in Windows 11
5. Reset IP Configuration
You can also try resetting your IP configuration to resolve your blocking website problem on Windows 11. This process is beneficial in determining this type of issue.
Here are the steps to reset the IP configuration on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows Search pane by pressing Windows+S on your keyboard.
- Type cmd and click on Run as Administrator to open the Command Prompt with administrator privilege.
- Enter the following commands one by one and hit Enter to execute the command. You can simply copy and paste the command in the Command Prompt window.
- ipconfig /flushdns
- ipconfig /registerdns
- ipconfig /release
- ipconfig /renew
- netsh winsock reset
- Restart your computer to apply the effect and check to ensure your problem is solved.
Also read, Taskbar Won’t Auto-Hide In Windows 11/10
6. Uninstall Conflicting Applications
Conflicting applications are one of the leading causes of blocking websites on your Windows 11 computer.
Generally, the third-party programs on your system may create conflicting issues. So, try to identify which applications conflict with other applications and systems and then uninstall them permanently to solve the problem.
Here are the steps to uninstall the conflicting applications on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows System Settings app and navigate to the Apps > Apps & features.
- Find the conflicting application and click on the three-dot menu next to the specific application.
- Choose the Uninstall Then, select Uninstall again to confirm and start the uninstallation process.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Uninstall all of the conflict programs one by one.
- After removing the conflict applications, check to ensure whether your problem persists.
Read more on how to Password Protect a File or Folder in Windows 11
7. Modify LAN Settings
On your Windows 11, modifying the Local Area Network (LAN) settings can help you to fix your website blocking issue. Let’s see how to do it.
Here are the steps to modify LAN settings on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows Search pane by pressing Windows+S on your keyboard.
- Type internet options and click on the search result to open the Internet Properties window.
- Select the Connections tab and click on LAN settings.
- Uncheck all of the check-boxes and click OK to save the changes.
- Click OK again to exit the Internet Properties window.
Follow our guide on how to Disable Accidental Drag and Drop in Windows 11
8. Perform a Clean Boot
If none of the methods fails to resolve your problem, try to perform a Clean Boot mode on your Windows 11. I will assure you that this method completely fixes your problem.
The clean boot mode usually launches the essential initial programs and drivers when you operate your system. This mode removes any odd drivers and applications that are started to avoid program conflicts that could result in issues during software installation, upgrading, or execution.
Here are the steps to perform a clean boot mode on Windows 11:
- Open the Windows Search pane, type msconfig, and hit the Enter key to open the System Configuration app.
- Select the General tab, uncheck the Load startup items under the Selective startup section and click Apply to save the changes.
- Ensure the remaining two options are checked: Load system services and Use the original boot configuration.
- Go to the Services tab, check the Hide all Microsoft services option and click on Disable all After that, click Apply to save the changes.
- Go to the Startup tab and click on the Open Task Manager Here all of the Startup programs are listed that are enabled and disabled.
- Select and disable the Startup programs one by one. Close the Task Manager after disabling all the items.
- Click on Apply to save the changes, and then click OK.
- Click on Restart to reboot your system in Clean Boot Mode.
- Check whether you can access the blocking website on your Windows 11. If your problem is resolved, go back to the Clean Boot Mode to Normal Mode.
- Uncheck the Load system services option, save the changes if the issue still exists, and check whether your problem is solved.
Check out our separate post on how to Speed Up Windows 11 Performance by Tweaking Settings
In Windows 11, several users reported that they encountered a certain blocking websites issue that prevented users from accessing the websites.
To ease the problem, here I describe the reasons for this issue and some tested and practical solutions to solve the problem. By applying these fixes, you can readily get rid of this issue.
That’s it. Plenty of solutions to consider. Let me know which solutions solve your problem.