FIX: ERR_CACHE_MISS on Google Chrome
Are you annoyed by the message Confirm Resubmission of the error Err_cache_miss?
Well if you are a chrome user and you surf the internet regularly, then it’s normal to make mistakes which actually caused this error.
Chrome is one of the best browsers right now but it still has some issues and Err_cache_miss is one of them.
But you shouldn’t be worried as, you will learn how to fix Err_cache_miss error by going through this post.
What is ERR_CACHE_MISS Error?
Err_Cache_Miss is a cache related error that mostly occurs in google chrome and. It shows up whenever a webpage requires resubmission of any data.
You might ask:
Does this error occur for every website I visit?
Well, not in every case.
If you face the error for any website related issue then it will only be when there is something wrong with the coding of the website.
You might also question:
What can be the possible reasons behind this error?
There are a number of reasons and to get an idea about them, follow me to the next part.
Why ERR_CACHE_MISS occurs?
As I told you in the previous part that there can be a number of reasons for the ERR_CACHE_MISS to occur.
This is mainly due to some of the complications in the caching system, existing in your system.
Besides, there can also be various other reasons and the most common ones are discussed below:
- Bugs in the browser
- Faulty coding of a website
- Defected Extension
- Issues in the configuration of the browser.
- Browser unable to have cache files from the system
Now, you might ask:
Do I need to consult an expert for solving all these?
Well, you don’t need to.
Because, in the next part, I am going to discuss about all the fixes which you can apply in almost not time.
Easiest Fix for ERR_CACHE_MISS
Before I move right into the fixes, you need to know something.
Let’s face it:
There are certain situations when you might face the ERR_CACHE_MISS error. It can be –
•In the process of accessing to certain websites
•While operating the chrome developer tools
•While trying to get into your website
Now, it might concern you a bit but there is nothing to get panicked.
Because, here I got all the relevant fixes that will drive away all your problems.
Let us have a look at those:
Step-1: Remove all your browsing data
Well, removing all your browser data can help you to fix the problem.
When you remove everything, all gets erased and the browser will be like you have never used it before.
So, let us waste no time and dive right into the process-
- Look for Chrome icon in your desktop and click on it.
- Now after you open chrome, simultaneously press Ctrl and H and you will automatically navigate to history.
- Now click on Clear browsing data and from the advanced option tick on all of the options, also set the time range as all time.
- Now restart your browser and check if the website is accessible again or not.
Step-2: Reset the browser
You can also try this option if the first one doesn’t solve your problem.
Here’s what you have to do:
1. Open Chrome and in the address bar type chrome://settings/ and hit enter.
2. Now go down to the bottom of the page and click on the advanced option.
3. Then, at the bottom you will see reset and clean up; click on that.
4. Now select the option Restore Settings to their original defaults.
5. There will window now to confirm the reset, there you select Reset Settings.
6. When the reset is done, end all the chrome tasks and open the webpage again.
Step-3: Stop all third-party extensions
Extensions can sometimes be harmful for your system, and lead to ERR_CACHE_MISS.
For this case, let me enlighten you by saying that:
Extensions tends to use the system resources, being in operation in the background.
So, you should remove all the third party extensions that you have been using.
It’s an easy process, just follow the method I have mentioned below:
- Select the extension you want to remove and right-click on it.
- Now select Remove from chrome.
- The extension is finally removed after you have followed both the steps.
If you notice that disabling any particular extension solves your problem, then that extension was the root behind the error.
But if the problem still persist then no need to worry, I’ve got few more solutions below that will definitely solve the issue.
Step-4: Update your chrome
Having the latest version of chrome may help you to fix the issue very easily and in less time.
To do so follow the method I discussed below:
- From your desktop, click on the chrome icon and open it.
- Click on the three dots at the right most corner of your screen
- Now look down below and click on help, then click on About Google Chrome
- Now a new page will be opened for checking if there are any updates pending.
- Once update is found, install it.
- Now reboot your system to save changes.
Step-5: Disable the cache
You can try one last resort if none of the above solves your problem.
Disabling the total cache system may solve the ERROR_CACHE_MISS, so give it a try.
Here’s how it works:
- Hold Ctrl+shift+I simultaneously, it will automatically take you to the developer mode.
- Now, hit on F1 to go to the settings and scroll down to find Network.
- There you would find Disable Cache (While DevTools is open), just tick on it.
- After the process ends, refresh the page DevTools being opened and check if the issue is solved or not.
Question: How to fix ERR_CACHE_MISS?
Answer: To fix the error ERR_CACHE_MISS you can try out some options like clearing your browser data, Reset your browser, disable the cache system etc. like I have discussed in the blog.
Question: When does ERR_CACHE_MISS show up?
Answer: It might happen when you are trying to get access to certain websites or even your website or while running the chrome developer tools.
Question: Why “ERR_CACHE_MISS” occurs?
Answer: It can occur due to faulty coding of the website, defective extensions, issues with browser configurations etc.
So these are the solutions for the error ERR_CACHE_MISS
Hopefully, I have been able to provide you the right guideline and solve your problem.
If you still face any issue regarding any solution, feel free to ask in the comments.