Are you facing problems on turning on the ASUS Keyboard Backlight?
Don’t worry, This post is just for you.
Like you, many ASUS users have faced RGB not working issue.
So, in this post, I will be demonstrating you how to fix ASUS laptop RGB not working issue.
Let’s get started.
Reasons Behind ASUS Keyboard Backlight Not Working
I think you will agree with me to the point that:
ASUS is one of the world’s largest leading manufacturers in the computing market.
In fact, ASUS supplies products ranging from high-end motherboards to graphics cards.
But recently, several users reported that the ASUS Keyboard is not displaying the Backlight at all.
There may be several reasons behind this issue. But, by gathering information, I came up to know that the reasons behind Laptop RGB not working issue are a few.
So, let’s get to know the reasons for which you cannot turn on the Keyboard Backlight.
Related contents you should read about Setup ASUS Aura Sync Motherboards in iCUE Easily
Definite Fixes for ASUS Laptop Keyboard Backlight issues
|Reasons||Brief explanation||Possible fix|
|Lack of proper ATK drivers||ATK utility key assigns functions to different keys like changing screen brightness, turning on wireless networking, switching between monitor and external video source and turning on keyboard lights.||Try out the mentioned steps below in this post, to know how to install proper ATK drivers.|
|Hardware issues||It is possible that the manufacturer’s hardware does not sync properly with the windows operating system.||Refresh and check each hardware component to fix this issue.|
|Major Windows updates||It is seen that after a fresh windows installation and a major windows update, the keyboard Backlight stops working or the lights get fixed with the same intensity.||Try out the mentioned steps below in this post to fix such issues.|
|Error state||Most likely, your laptop is in an error state which could be the possible cause for this issue.||Try restarting everything and the problem will get fixed in no time.|
How to Enable RGB lighting on laptop
Before we head towards the fixes, let me tell you first how to control the lighting intensity of your laptop.
You are most likely to see a lot of keys on your laptop but, you may not know how to use them properly.
For controlling the light intensity, there is a button named Fn, which is called the function key.
You can turn on the backlight by pressing Fn+F4 at the same time.
Pressing Fn+F4 keys continuously will help you increases the brightness of the light.
And, pressing Fn+F3 keys continuously will help you decrease the brightness and ultimately it will turn off the backlight.
Some more guides on Download ASUS FAN XPERT 4.
How to control RGB lighting on laptop
Like Aura sync, Asus Armoury crate is also an app to control the RGB lighting of your gaming accessories and Asus Laptop’s keyboard backlight.
You can easily control the RGB lighting on your laptop. You can customize the colors according to your desire.
The good thing is:
You can set various RGB lighting effects too. so, don’t miss the chance of downloading ASUS Armoury crate.
More on ASUS Armoury crate is given in our separate post. so, be sure to check it for fixing this issue.
Fix for Laptop Backlight Not Working
Your question might be, how to fix Backlight issues?
But the more important question is:
Will the following fix work for only certain laptops?
Well, the answer is quite simple.
The fixes I am providing will work for any RGB supported laptops although I will be focusing on ASUS ROG STRIX G531GV-AL172, ASUS TUF FX505DT and ASUS SCAR III G531GW because of its demand.
So let’s not waste time and head towards the fixes.
Method 1: Using ASUS Armoury Crate Properly
If you don’t know about ASUS armoury crate, then let me tell you about it in brief.
Armoury crate is a software build by ASUS which deals with many features including Turbo Mode, Hyperfan Mode, Highlights, Aura, GPU Overclocking etc.
Again if you’re facing RGB lighting issues with your ASUS built PC then here’s how to fix Aura sync.
OK, so the first thing you need to do is:
- Download Armoury crate from ASUS original site or you can download it from other sources as well although my personal recommendations would be to download it from the original site.
- After downloading Armoury Crate, go to the gaming console icon at the left.
- Click on System.
- On system you will see three options. Click on Lighting.
- Scroll down a little bit and there you will see Customize.
- Click on Customize.
- After clicking on customize, you will see a pop up message. Click OK and your keyboard will be out of AURA sync and will turn the lights off.
- Now, on the right side you will see a box that says EDIT BUTTON TO CUSTOMIZE AURA. Click on that.
- Finally, you can either customize the lightings or you can just click ok.
- After clicking OK, your keyboard will be again AURA synced and your Keyboard backlights will turn on again.
Method 2: Using proper ATK drivers
Lack of proper ATK drivers may lead to laptop RGB not working issue.
Your question might be:
What is ATK? What is its functions?
Well, ATK Hotkey driver is an ASUS software for various laptop models and the ATK utility key assigns functions to different keys like changing screen brightness, turning on wireless networking, switching between monitor and external video source and turning on keyboard lights.
For installing proper ATK drivers, you need to follow the steps below:
- Enter the official ASUS website.
- Scroll down and you will see a message saying, Enter Download Sector.
- Click on Download Sector and enter your product details and specification.
- Select the operating system as well.
- Now, you will be taken to a page where all the drivers will be available.
- Download the latest ATK driver.
- After downloading, unzip the files.
- Click on setup and wait until the process finishes.
- Restart your computer to save changes after installing ATK.
Method 3: Power Cycling the Laptop
The best way to fix laptop RGB issues is starting with power cycling.
Power Cycling is a way of powering off your laptop and draining the static charge as well.
- Turn off your laptop by completely shutting it down.
- Take out the power cables and the other cables attached to laptop to give it a rest.
- Now wait for 2-3 minutes. This will give your Laptop a rest. After that, plug everything back in and check if your problem is resolved or not.
Method 4: Running Hardware and Device Troubleshooting
It is better to try running the hardware and devices troubleshooter first.
This will check each of your hardware components one by one and will quickly locate if anything is wrong with the system of your Laptop and will also fix the issue.
- Open Control Panel and select the option of Troubleshooting.
- Select “View all” option to list all the troubleshooting packs available from the left side of the window.
- Now select Hardware and Devices.
- Wait for some time until Windows finishes its work and then restart your laptop after the fix is applied.
Follow our guide to know ASUS Ryujin Vs. ASUS Ryuo.
Question: How to increase and decrease lighting intensity on ASUS TUF FX505DT?
Answer: Press Fn+F4 to increase light intensity and Fn+F3 to decrease light intensity.
Question: Where can I Download ASUS Armoury Crate?
Answer: You can download ASUS Armoury crate from ASUS official website.
Question: Why ASUS Armoury Crate not working on my laptop?
Answer: It’s probably because your ASUS product doesn’t support Armoury crate.
Question: Can I install ATK drivers on my Dell laptop?
Answer: Yes, you can install it on your dell laptop but, most probably some features will be missing on the ATK hotkey package.
Having a cool laptop like ASUS ROG STRIX G531GV-AL172, ASUS TUF FX505DT and ASUS SCAR III G531GW is like living in the heaven.
But, due to some minor problems if the laptops backlight remains inactive then, it’s a matter of total frustration.
You can try the above fixes I provided to solve this issue but, still if you don’t see any changes then most probably your laptop doesn’t support any RGB functions or maybe there is something else wrong with it.