Are you struggling to keep track of the discussions of a Microsoft Teams meeting? Are you tired of finding a way to record your Microsoft Teams meetings?
Then you’re in the right spot.
After struggling for a long time to find a stable method for recording my Microsoft Teams meetings, I recently did some in-depth research and found some interesting outcomes.
So, can you record a Microsoft Teams meeting?
After my research, I came across some amazing recording methods, which require just a few steps, and I’ll share them with you later in the post.
So, make sure to go through every section of the post to learn how to record Microsoft Teams Meeting.
Who Can Record Microsoft Teams Meeting?
Not everybody participating in a Microsoft Teams meeting can record the ongoing event. People with specific abilities can only record a Microsoft Teams meeting.
I’ve created a list of the individuals, that can record a Microsoft Teams meeting using the native recording feature of the Teams app. It’ll help you understand whether you can record a Microsoft Teams meeting or not.
Facing error code caa70004, you can quickly Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA70004 from our detailed guide.
People with the following criteria can record a Microsoft Teams meeting:
The meeting Host and Organizer
The meeting host, organizer, and recorder must have the necessary licenses to record a Microsoft Teams meeting.
People with the Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, E5, F3, A1, A3, A5, M365 Business, Business Premium, or Business Essentials licenses can record a Microsoft Teams meeting.
Individual with an Office 365 Enterprise E1, E3, or E5 license
Anyone other than the host or organizers with Office 365 subscriptions with E1, E3, or E5 licenses can also record a Microsoft Teams meeting.
Individuals with IT Admin’s Permission to Record
If the IT admin of your workplace provides you a recorder license, you can record a Microsoft Teams meeting like the hosts or organizers of the meeting.
You won’t need to have a premium subscription to Office 365 anymore if you manage to get the permission of the IT admins of your company to record a Microsoft meeting.
Isn’t a guest or from another organization
As long as the participants aren’t only guests to the meeting or came from other organizations for that session, they can record the meeting with the necessary permissions.
You cannot have the permissions of the IT admins or your organization’s Office 365 premium license won’t give you the recording permission if you’re a guest in another organization’s meeting.
So, before attempting to apply the methods to record a Microsoft Teams meeting, make sure you pass the criteria discussed above.
Check out the easiest way to Green Screen with Microsoft Teams.
How to Record Microsoft Teams Meeting Hosted by You
Recording a meeting is a piece of cake if you host the meeting. You have to follow a few steps only to start recording. The most exciting part is, you can record the meeting directly through the Microsoft Teams app. I’ve made a guideline with the necessary steps to help you do it yourself.
Follow the steps below to record Microsoft Teams meetings hosted by you:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app.
- Go to your Calendar.
- Click on the meeting you want to record.
- Click on the Join option to start the meeting.
- Click on the Screen sharing icon on the left of the three-dot menu to share your screen and present the slides.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the floating toolbar.
- Search for the Start recording option from the menu.
- Click on Dismiss to avoid distraction from the recording alert notification.
- Click on the three-dot menu on the floating toolbar again and select the Stop recording to end the recording process.
- Click on the End meeting option to finish the meeting.
- Go to the chat tab of the meeting to get the recorded file.
Now, you’ve completed recording a Microsoft Teams meeting hosted by you. The meeting participants can find the recorded file in the chat tab, but if you want to share it with others outside the participants, the Microsoft Stream app will help you do that.
Follow the steps below to find the recorded meeting file inside the Microsoft Stream app:
- Log in to your Office 365 account.
- Click on the Stream app icon from the applications list. (Search it inside All apps if you don’t find it.)
- Click on the My content option from the horizontal options.
- Click on Meetings from the drop-down menu.
- Click on the meeting file to play, share, or edit it.
You’ll find information about the meeting host, participants, and timestamp of the meeting at the starting of the recorded video. It also includes slides presented on-screen and the conversations of the participants during the meeting.
You can also record the meeting automatically by enabling the automatically record feature from the meeting options. Don’t worry; follow these steps below to enable it without any complications:
- Open the Microsoft Teams app.
- Go to your Calendar.
- Click on the meeting you want to record.
- Click on Meeting options.
- Scroll down and toggle on the Record Automatically option.
Now, you’re meeting will be recorded automatically after you start the session. You don’t have to remember and jump off to the Start recording option inside the three-dot menu during the meeting.
Follow our guide to Fix Microsoft Teams Error Code CAA5004B.
How to Record Microsoft Teams Meeting Using Third-party Apps
Although you can use countless screen recording apps to record a Microsoft Teams meeting, we remind you that it can violate your privacy concern. So, we recommend you stick with the built-in recorder features of Windows OS.
The screen recording features of Windows are secure and reliable to use for recording a Microsoft Teams meeting. Also, it won’t cost you a dime to use these softwares for recording Microsoft Teams meetings.
I will show you the two ways to record a Microsoft Teams meeting using the built-in recording feature of Windows 10, and the most amazing thing about these two methods is, you don’t have to go through the hassle of downloading and installing any softwares.
So, here are the methods to record a Microsoft Teams meeting using third-party apps installed on your device:
But before that, do check our latest post on the Change Your Background on Microsoft Teams.
1. Xbox Game Bar for Windows
If you’re a Windows 10 user, then you’re in for a great treat today. In Windows 10, there’s a pre-installed game bar from Xbox services, and it offers you some great features which come in handy when you play a game.
But, the trick is, you can also take advantage of them even if you’re not playing a game. This feature-packed service includes the native screen recording feature, which is an essential feature for gamers. You can use the Xbox game bar’s screen recorder to record any activities on your screen, including audio from both sides.
Check out our latest fix for Microsoft Teams Error Code 4C7.
That means you can smoothly record a Microsoft Teams meeting with the Xbox game bar, and I’ll show you how to do that in a moment.
So, here are the steps to record a Microsoft Teams meeting using the Windows 10 Xbox game bar’s screen recorder:
- Press Win+G keys on your keyboard to open the game bar before joining the meeting.
- Click on the capture icon located beside the audio icon.
- Click on the Start recording icon on the newly opened Capture widget, and it’ll start recording your meeting. You can also start recording by pressing the Win+Alt+R buttons.
- Click on the same icon or the Stop icon beside the timer of the elapsed recording time widget or the Win+Alt+R keys again to stop the recording.
- Click on the Game clip recorded message to open the recording footage or go to C:\Users\UserName\Videos\Captures in your file explorer to get the file.
You don’t need any authority or permission to record a Microsoft Teams meeting this way. There’ll be no notification for the meeting participants saying the meeting is being recorded as Microsoft Teams cannot detect screen recording.
You can also click on the microphone icon beside the video timer to mute your audio to exclude your voice from the recording if necessary. You can also take a screenshot of the video by clicking on the Take a screenshot button of the Capture widget or pressing the Win+Alt+PrtScrn buttons on your keyboard.
If you have an NVidia GPU installed on your device, you can use the Share app, which works only with NVidia GPUs, to record your call or meeting if the audio is routed through your workstation. The plus point for NVidia comes from it’s compatibility with Windows 7, 8.1, and Windows 10. You only need an NVidia GPU installed on your pc.
So, if you have an NVidia GPU and Share app installed on your pc, follow the steps below to record Microsoft Teams meeting with them:
- Press Ctrl+Z keys or open the Geforce Experience app and click the Share button on the left of the settings option to open the NVidia Share overlay before joining the Microsoft Teams meeting.
- Click the Record button, then click Start or press Alt+F9 to start recording the meeting. NVIDIA Share will record until you stop it manually.
- Open the overlay, click the Record button, then click on Stop and Save or press Alt+F9 again to stop recording.
- Go to C:\Users\UserName\Videos\Desktop directory using the File Explorer app to get the recording file.
Like the Windows 10 game bar, you don’t need any permission to record the meeting using the NVidia Share app. You can record any screen activities using it.
Check out the easiest way to Share My Screen on Microsoft Teams.
Question: How do I download Microsoft Teams recordings?
Answer: To download a Microsoft Teams recording, click on the three-dot menu on the file inside the meeting chat tab. Click Open in Microsoft Stream>Click Options under the video file> Click Download video to download the recording file on your device.
Question: How to record Microsoft Teams meetings as an attendee?
Answer: To record Microsoft Teams meetings as an attendee, you need to use third-party screen recording apps as only hosts and organizers can record a meeting directly from the MS Teams app. Windows Game Bar and NVidia Share offer high-quality screen recording features without costing you a penny.
Finally, I hope you’ve found your queries about recording Microsoft Teams meetings in this post.
I’ve shown you the native Microsoft Teams meeting recording process and reliable, trusted third-party alternatives to it, such as Windows Game Bar and NVidia Share to record a meeting.
As a fellow Microsoft Teams user, I suggest you stick with these secure alternatives to record a meeting other than using any other third-party apps on the internet, as they can expose the confidentiality of your data.
If you’re facing any issues or have any further queries, feel free to comment down below. Our experts will respond to them right away.