So, you might be wondering whether Minecraft is free or not on your PS4. If it is free, you will want to know how to get it on your PlayStation 4.
If all these situations are with you and you do not know how to deal with them, you have come to the right place.
As a Minecraft expert, I will guide you on how to download Minecraft free on PS4 in a simple, quick, and legal way.
So, Is Minecraft free on ps4?
Keep reading the whole post whether you should know it is free or not.
Also, check out our separate post if Minecraft keeps crashing on your PC.
How to get Minecraft for free on PS4
Before you get into the details of getting Minecraft for free on PS4, it is a good idea to familiarize yourself with the Mojang game.
Minecraft is a sandbox game in which you may build almost anything out of cubes.
There’s also an element of adventure in the title. You’ll have to search the game world for valuable materials for your projects while avoiding and defeating various opponents.
Mojang has chosen to make a free version available to PlayStation Store customers. However, you will not be able to store your progress. After relaunching the game, you will be unable to continue your adventure.
Also, check out my complete Minecraft biomes list to explore the unknown. You can quickly find any biomes using the Minecraft Biome Finder. You can see biomes, jungle temples, slime chunks, spawn chunks, buried treasures, etc. with different colors on the map.
Now I’ll show you how to get Minecraft for free on PS4 in a simple, quick, and legal way so you can test out the popular Mojang game without spending any money. Minecraft is a premium game, but you can play it for free on PS4.
So, you may ask:
What is the best way to get Minecraft on PS4?
Here are the steps to get Minecraft for free on PS4:
1. Connect your PS4 to the Internet
- Install Minecraft on your PlayStation 4 (PS4).
- Connect the PS4 console to the Internet using Wi-Fi or a LAN cable.
- Choose Settings
- Navigate to Network
- Select Set Up Internet Connection
Then, to establish network settings, follow the on-screen instructions.
Wi-Fi connection process:
- Choose Use Wi-Fi from the menu.
- Select Easy to see a list of available Wi-Fi networks.
- Choose your Wi-Fi network and customize its options.
LAN cable connection process:
- Select Use a LAN Cable.
- Choose Easy and follow the instructions on the screen. The setup is done for you automatically.
2. Go to PlayStation Network and sign in
You can log in to the PlayStation Network, which is the gateway to all of Sony’s online services, once you’ve linked your PlayStation 4 to a fully functional internet connection.
If you don’t already have a PlayStation Network account, you can sign up for one for free by following these instructions:
- Select Settings from the navigation bar.
- Select PlayStation Network / Account Management to manage your account.
- Make a user account if you are new to the PlayStation Network.
Then, to establish a new PlayStation Network account, follow the on-screen directions.
Check out the easiest way to make paper in Minecraft.
3. Be a PlayStation Plus member
You might wish to join up for PlayStation Plus after checking in to the PlayStation Network. PlayStation Plus is a PlayStation Network membership service.
You may play selected content, play multiplayer games with your friends, and enjoy other unique features as a PlayStation Plus member without time or use limits. You can set up an automatic backup to save data in an online storage account.
Follow the steps below to sign up for PlayStation Plus directly from your PlayStation 4:
- Go to the toolbar at the top of the page.
- Select PlayStation Plus in the upper left corner.
- Select PlayStation Plus and one of the offered plans from the function screen.
- Make a subscription purchase.
Note: At the end of the subscription time, the membership service will automatically renew.
Go through our separate post on how to allocate more RAM to Minecraft for a smooth gameplay.
4. Get a free PS4 version of Minecraft
You can now download the free Minecraft demo on your PlayStation 4 after joining up for PlayStation Plus to engage yourself in the world of the popular Mojang title.
Follow these steps to get the free Minecraft:
- Press the PlayStation Store icon on the console home screen.
- Select the Search option at the top of the page.
- Type Minecraft into the search bar and choose Minecraft: Edition PlayStation 4 from the results.
- Simply hit the Free Trial button to begin downloading the Minecraft demo.
When the download is complete, tap the Minecraft button on your PlayStation 4.
Did you know? You can use the Command Block to execute the commands in Minecraft.
5. Use the PS4 version of Minecraft
Users can download the Mojang demo version directly from the PlayStation Store, but it does not save your progress, so your adventure will end as the game is closed.
You’ve chosen to buy the full version of Minecraft for PS4 after testing the free version, but you’re not sure how to do it.
Follow the instructions below to purchase the complete edition of Minecraft for PS4:
- Go to the PlayStation Store and select Search from the top menu.
- Type Minecraft in the search field.
- Choose Minecraft: PlayStation 4 Edition from the right-hand list.
- Select your edition and purchase it by pressing the X button.
- Follow the on-screen instructions after filling in the details of the chosen payment method.
If Minecraft is more expensive in the PlayStation Store, you can look for the most fantastic deals on the boxed version of the game online.
If you are lucky, you offered a discount on a physical copy of Minecraft for the PlayStation 4, which will save you money over the digital edition available on the PlayStation Store.
Want to make a Jack o lantern in Minecraft? Click on the link to find out.
How much does a year of PS Plus cost?
Your subscription will be charged once a year, with a $49.99 fee withdrawn from your account.
Choose PS Plus and pay for a 12-month or annual subscription. You save 50% on the monthly PS Plus: 1-month subscription plan compared to the monthly PS Plus: 12-month subscription plan. PS Plus: a 3-month subscription plan saves you 40% more than a quarterly payment plan.
Quickly check out how to deal with a Minecraft server not allowing friends to connect.
You have the option to cancel your membership at any moment, and it will expire at the end of the month. You won’t have to pay subscription fees in the future, but you won’t get a refund for what you already paid.
Is Minecraft PS4 compatible with PS5?
Yes, it is possible to play the game on your PS5 console, but there is no PS5 version of Minecraft despite the reality.
The PlayStation 4 edition is PS5 compatible, and it can be purchased and downloaded through the PlayStation Store. It will function similarly to how it did on the PS4. If you want to, you can even use PlayStation VR.
Also, check out our separate post on where do Minecraft screenshots go.
How to play Minecraft PS4 Edition on PS5
If you want to play Minecraft on your PS5, ensure you have the latest up-to-date software installed.
Sony is also considering putting a statement stating that some of the features accessible on the PS4 may not necessarily contain all of them because of backward compatibility.
Here are the steps to play Minecraft PS4 Edition on PS5:
- Insert a PS4 game disc into the console.
- Download the PS4 game and install it on your PS5.
- Transfer a digital copy of the game from your PS4 to your PS5 using Wi-Fi data transfer.
You can play Minecraft on your PS5 with any of these settings.
Also, check out our separate post if you want to fix the LAN not working issue on Minecraft.
Can I get Minecraft on PC if I bought it on PS4?
No, you cannot because you purchased Minecraft on a PS4 account.
A whole different account, the Xbox account, is necessary to play Minecraft on PC. If you buy this, you’ll be able to play the game on any platform that the Xbox app supports.
Here’s a complete guide on how to zoom in on Minecraft.
After following the steps above, I hope you can now get and play Minecraft on your PS4.
In this post, I show you the best way to get Minecraft free on PS4 and the best way to play Minecraft PS4 Edition on PS5.
I hope you find this post helpful. Feel free to share your experience with your friends and other readers.