Outlook helps you to send and receive emails, store your contact’s names and numbers, manage your calendar and track your activities.
Therefore, if you are using Outlook every day, you may not know that it has some features which can help you to make your daily life more productive.
Forwarding an email using Microsoft Outlook is not a complicated task. If you realize that you have to forward emails in the same way every day, you might want to get it done automatically.
In this article, I will guide you on how to automatically forward emails in Outlook.
Follow our guide to fix Outlook can’t create file error when opening attachment.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Outlook
Outlook has a valuable feature of automatically forwarding emails. You can easily forward your incoming messages in Outlook by creating an email forwarding rule.
Here are the steps to automatic forward emails in outlook:
- Launch Outlook.
- Click on File from the top left menu.
- Select Manage Rules and Alerts.
- Choose the email address from the email rules tab.
- Click on the New Rule.
- Click on Start from a blank rule.
- Choose Apply rule on messages I receive.
- Check your needs.
- Click on the link from the description section.
- Choose the email address and click ok.
- Check the forward it to people or public option.
- Write a description if necessary.
- Select the email address you want to forward to you.
- Type a name for your forwarding rule.
- Mark Turn on this rule option.
- Click on Finish.
If you follow the above steps, you can quickly learn how to turn on the email automatic forward option.
Also, check out our separate post on disable Outlook deleting confirmation message.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Outlook web
You can also use Outlook on your browser if you don’t feel like installing it. And the automatically forward emails feature is available in Outlook web as well.
Here are the steps to automatic forward emails in Outlook web:
- Go to Outlook.
- Login to your account.
- Click on the Settings icon from the toolbar.
- Click on the View all Outlook settings.
- Select Mail and choose Forwarding.
- Check the Enable forwarding.
- Type an email address where you want to forward messages to be sent.
- Check the box named keep a copy of the forwarded message.
- Click Save.
After this, you should be able to automatically forward emails on your browser using Outlook.
Check out our separate post on how to view message headers in Outlook.
How to Automatically Forward Emails in Outlook 365
Microsoft Office 365 offers a software basis service, and Outlook 365 is one of them. By following the below steps, you can get auto-forward Outlook 365 emails.
Here are the steps to automatically forward emails in Outlook 365:
- Log in to your Outlook 365 account.
- Select Settings from the top right corner.
- Choose Options.
- Click on the Inbox rule and select New Rule.
- Select Apply to all messages.
- Type an email address you want to forward.
- Click o the Save button.
You have to remember that all Outlook 365 setups are not the same.
Here’s a complete guide on how to add email signature in Outlook.
How to automatically forward emails in Outlook 2016
Even though five years old, Outlook 2016 is still the most popular email client. Since the version of Outlook is the same after 2010, the steps below will also apply to Outlook 2010, 2013, and 2019.
Here are the steps to automatically forward emails in outlook 2016:
- Open Outlook 2016.
- Active the Home tab.
- Click on Manage Rules and alerts.
- Select New Rule.
- Select Apply rule on messages.
- Choose which messages you want to forward.
- Click Next.
- Select Forward to public or people outlook group.
- Click the link for people or public groups.
- Type an email where you want to forward your email.
- Type a name for the newly created rule.
- Check the Turn on this rule option and click Finish.
If you want to stop forwarding emails automatically at any time, you must disable the rule you created.
Check out the easiest way to Enable Read Receipts In Outlook.
How to automatically forward emails in Outlook on Mac
The Mac version of Outlook is very similar to the Windows version. And no matter which operating system you use, the type of auto forwarding remains the same.
Here are the steps to automatically forward emails in Outlook on Mac:
- Open Outlook on Mac.
- Click the Home tab and select Rules.
- Choose the Edit Rules option.
- Select your Inbox.
- Click the small plus Icon from the bottom side.
- Give the new Rule.
- Specify the desired condition.
- Click Ok to save the rule.
Now just click the red dot button from the top left to finish and return to your Outlook. This will be automatically forwarded to the specified email when you receive a message matching the rule you created.
Also check our exclusive tutorial on how to change client-only Rule to server in Outlook.
What’s the difference between forward and redirect in Outlook?
You become the sender when From field changes after forwarding an email. And the original sender remains the same when the Form field does not change after sending an email.
How does an email forwarder work?
A forwarding email address automatically sends incoming messages to another email address.
Is forwarding email safe?
Practically forwarding email is not safe at all. It’s easy to access your email after creating the email forwarding rule.
How do I manage email forwarding in Outlook?
Select your username whose email you want to forward, and go to your properties page. Select manage email forwarding from the mail tab.
How do I turn off auto forward in Outlook?
Go to your Outlook account> Settings> View all Outlook Settings> Mail> Forwarding, then uncheck the enable forwarding option and click save.
The outlook may be convenient for various reasons after knowing how to forward emails automatically. It’s a helpful tool to make sure you never miss an email.
This article explains how to forward email in Outlook. I hope you are benefited from this article.
Let me know your thoughts in the comment section.