On a glorious weekend morning, you decided to play Outsider Worldslayer on your brand new Alienware X14 laptop. While playing, you need to overclock the CPU and GPU to get the maxed-out performance.
For this, you opened the Command center and app and overclocked the CPU. But nothing happens, the GHz stays the same. Well, the AWCC app might not be working.
But when you notice that this app is not working, it will make you feel so piteous. I know how it feels when a masterpiece software stops working. But let’s not worry anymore because I have found some working solutions.
Throw your frustration away and read this article till the end to fix this app not working problem. So, sit tight and apply the methods.
Why is the Alienware Command Center Not Working?
Alienware Command Center might not work due to backdated drivers, corrupted .NET Framework, or interference of the third-party app. Other factors such as corrupted AWCC installation files, and not updating the Windows to the latest release can affect the Alienware Command Center.
Alienware is a top-tier gaming lineup from Dell. The Alienware variant is available for both laptop and desktop versions.
Alienware Command Center is an exclusive software that gives you the ability to control all the exclusive features of Alienware from a single software interface. This Alienware Command Center comes pre-installed in all the recent Alienware computers from Dell.
Perhaps, this will be painful when you find this software is not working perfectly or not working at all in your Windows OS. I have told you earlier why this software might not work. The good news is you can easily resolve this issue.
Here’s a complete guide on how to restore files from File History on Windows 11.
How to Fix Alienware Command Center Not Working
This app lets you control all the features and boost the PC’s performance just from one interface. You don’t have to go through many steps to tweak your Alienware rig. But sometimes you might face this app not working. Not to worry because you can solve the problem by applying some quick procedures.
These methods are quite easy to apply and you don’t need to be a pro to execute those steps.
Here are the methods to fix Alienware Command Center not working:
1. Change the Service to Automatic
You are having this problem in case the software is not running automatically from the Windows service. To sort out this, you can change the start-up service to automatic for this app.
Here are the steps to change the service to automatic:
- Press the Windows key + R at a time to open the RUN.
- Type services.msc and hit the Enter button.
- Scroll down to find Alienware Command Center.
- Right-click on it and choose Properties.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic.
- Click on Apple > OK.
Next, restart your computer and check whether the Alienware Command Center app has been fixed or not.
Follow our guide to know LockDown Browser for Windows 11.
2. Perform a Clean Boot
If the above didn’t resolve the matter, you can perform a clean boot. Sometimes third-party apps can interfere while opening this app and for this reason, this app might not work.
Here are the steps to start your system with a clean boot:
- Press Windows Key + R to invoke the RUN dialog box.
- Type in msconfig and hit the Enter key.
- Go to the Service tab and click the Hide all Microsoft services checkbox.
- Uncheck all the services such as hardware related.
- Click on the Startup tab and click again on Open Task Manager.
- Select the program that can interfere and click the Disable button.
- Do this for every program which is suspected of interference.
- Restart the PC.
If you find disabling the programs solved the issue, find out which one was creating the trouble. Repeat the same process and only select the suspected programs this time. Do this several times until you identify the main one.
Follow our guide to update Drivers on Windows 11.
3. Repair .NET Framework installation
A workable framework is a must to run any program or app smoothly. An app may stop working for a corrupted framework. All apps on Windows rely on .NET Framework. Like others, the Alienware Command Center app might stop working for a broken Framework. Repairing the .NET installation will solve the problem.
Here are the steps to repair the .NET Framework installation:
- Click on this link to download the Microsoft .NET Framework Repair Tool.
- Open the repair tool with Admin Privileges and click on Yes.
- Follow the on-screen wizard to repair the .NET installation files.
- Restart your computer after completing the repairing process.
Repairing the Framework will sort out the ACC (Alienware Command Center) is not working issue if it is the main reason behind this problem.
4. Update the Drivers
An app might not work for backdated drivers. Sometimes apps require updated drivers to work perfectly. If the driver linked with the Alienware Command Center app is outdated you may find this issue.
Here are the steps to update the drivers:
- Open RUN by pressing the Windows Key + R at a time.
- Type devmgmt.msc and hit Enter.
- Click on the arrow icon beside the device’s name.
- Right-click on the device driver and choose the Update driver option.
- Click on the Update driver for all the drivers that need to update.
If backdated drivers are causing the issue with the Alienware utility app, Updating all the drivers will solve the problem for you.
5. Check for Windows Update
Additionally, running Windows without the latest updates can throw this problem when you launch the ACC app. Updating your Windows to the latest release will solve it.
Here are the steps to check for Windows updates:
- Press Windows Key + I at a time to go to Settings.
- Select the Windows Update option.
- Click on Check for updates Windows will start searching for updates in that instance and download them automatically.
- Click on the Install now button to install the latest updates.
- Restart your PC.
In case the Alienware utility app is not working for the lack of Windows updates, it will work now. If it doesn’t, go for the following method.
6. Scan and Repair Windows
Moreover, you can try scanning and repairing Windows corrupted files to resolve this issue. It’s too simple and doesn’t require lots of effort. Just launch the CMD and run a command line that will do the job for you.
Here are the steps to scan and repair Windows corrupted files:
- Press Windows Key + S at a time and type cmd in the search bar.
- Select Run as administrator option and click on the Yes button.
- Type in sfc /scannow and hit Enter. It will start scanning for corrupted files.
If any corrupted files are found at the time of scanning, they will be repaired too. After fixing the corrupted files, the Alienware Command Center app will work again in case that’s the reason.
7. Reinstall Alienware Command Center App
This is the last thing you should go for in case the Alienware Command Center installation files are corrupted. For this, you will need to uninstall and reinstall the Command Center app.
Here are the steps to uninstall and reinstall the ACC app:
- Press Windows key + R to invoke the Run dialog and type appwiz.cpl. Click the OK button.
- Double click the Alienware Command Center Suite to uninstall it and follow the on-screen instructions to complete the uninstallation process.
- Open the Run again and type %appdata%. Click the OK button.
- Delete Alienware folders.
- Press Windows key + R and type %programdata%. Hit the Enter and delete Alienware folders.
- Launch the Run again and type in %programfiles%. Click on the OK button.
- Enter the Alienware folder and delete the Alienware command Center folder inside it.
- Type in documents in the Run box again and hit Enter.
- Delete AlienFX and Alienware TactX folders.
- Press Win key + S and search for Registry Editor. Select the Run as administrator option.
- Navigate to Computer\HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Alienware this directory.
- Delete AlienFXMediaPlugin, Alienware AlienFX, CCPlugins and Command Center folders.
- Restart the PC and after this go to the official website and download the file.
- Install the file and launch the app.
Check whether the Alienware utility app is not working or not. Installing the ACC app from scratch by deleting all the residual files will solve the problem.
Check out our post on Fix Wi-Fi Option Not Showing on Windows 11.
Why Alienware Command Center is not working?
Your Alienware Command Center is not working due to a corrupted .NET Framework, faulty or backdated driver or a third-party app interfering. Sometimes the app’s installation file might get corrupted.
Can I install Alienware Command Center in Windows 10?
Yes, you can install AWCC in Windows 10 but you will need to have 16299 or later versions. Before installing the Command Center you will net update your drivers and Windows to the latest version.
How to update Alienware Command Center for Windows 11 OS?
Just go to the official website and download the latest version of the AWCC. After downloading right-click on the installer file and select Properties from the options. On the Properties General tab window, check the unblock option after the security section. Then hit Apply and OK.
Dell’s Alienware PCs are known for delivering superior performance and with the Command Center app, they have taken this a step further. From RGB light control to CPU and GPU overclocking you can do anything with this masterpiece app.
Perhaps, this app might not work sometimes for several reasons like backdated drivers or corrupted files. But solving the matter wouldn’t be a problem for you if you apply the fixes.
This article will resolve the problem and the Alienware Command Center will work again. Hope to see you at the next one till then peace out!