Most video game players lose track of reality while playing on a PS5. To limit that game time, parents or siblings can install the parental control feature on a PS5. Without turning off that function, you are unable to play games as you used to do earlier.
That is the sole purpose of the article. I’ll explain here in step-by-step how to remove the parental controls from a PS5.
So let’s begin.
Check out our latest post on how to fix PS5 error code wc-365475.
How to Remove Parental Controls on PS5
Not to worry. To disable the parental restrictions on a PS5, you don’t need to be a highly skilled PS5 expert. The procedure is actually very simple. Just follow the steps I describe here. I’ve included pictures with the steps to make things easier for you.
Here are the steps to disable parental controls on PS5:
- Click on Settings.
- Press the Family and Parental Controls option.
- Go to PS5 Console Restrictions.
- Type the four-digit passcode. The default passcode is 0000. You will find the default passcode written right above the input passcode option. Press the square button of your controller to type that. If you previously used that setting & changed the passcode, type that one instead of the default one.
- Click on the User Creation and Guest Login option and choose Allow.
- Go to the Parental Control for New Users option.
- Put every option to Don’t Restrict.
- Blu-Ray Disc
- Use of PlayStation VR
- Web Browsing
Quickly check out our epic guide on how long do PS5 Controllers last.
To remove the restrictions for one specific account, follow the process.
- Go back to the Family and Parental Controls page and click on Family Management.
- Choose an account you want to remove the restrictions from.
- Select the Playtime Settings option.
- Select the Time Zone & Click Next.
- Switch off the Restrict Playtime option and click Save.
- Move back to the Family Management setting and click on Parental Controls.
- Expand the Restriction Level menu and set it to No Restrictions. Before you get out of there, scroll down and check the other options. Make sure all the options are on Don’t Restrict.
- Click Confirm.
Note: For the account, you are removing the restriction; make sure you are signed into it. Otherwise, the changes won’t be saved.
Now the PlayStation account is parental control free. Go back to your PlayStation 5 main menu, you’ll see that the restriction has been lifted for the blocked games.
The process is the same whether you intend to activate parental control. Just set a time or age limit instead of keeping it on Don’t Restrict.
Here’s a completes guide on how to fix PS5 not downloading games, PS5 eject button not working.
How do I change restrictions on PS5?
To change restrictions on PS5, click on Settings > Family and Parental Controls > PS5 Console Restrictions > type passcode > Parental Control for New Users. From there, modify the restrictions as you like. If an account is already added to the PS5, click on Family Management. Select the account & make the changes.
How do I disable parental controls?
To disable parental controls, click on PS5 Settings > Family and Parental Controls > PS5 Console Restrictions > type passcode > Parental Control for New Users. Set all the options (PS5, PS4, Blu-Ray Disc, DVD, Use of PlayStation VR, Web Browsing) to Don’t Restrict.
How do I put parental controls on PS5?
To put parental controls, go to Settings > Family and Parental Controls > Family Management > Parental Controls. Select the Child account, and then click Edit to change the parental control setting on your PS5.
Playing video games occasionally is a wonderful thing. But playing video games all day, for example-Fortnite, without doing anything, is a really bad habit.
If a member of your family adds parental controls to your PlayStation account and won’t take them off, you may turn them off by following the instructions.
Hope you are able to remove parental restrictions without any complications.
Comment below if you have any questions.