Setting up and adding a signature for your Outlook is a must if you plan to yield a professional look to your email. But, you might face a signature image not showing on your Outlook email client if not set correctly.
How do I know this? Being a professional content writer, I am required to send newsletters, business emails, and sales reports to my clients. One thing I used to find irritating while sending those copies via emails is my signature was displayed as an attachment rather than as an image.
Fortunately, I had researched and implemented multiple solutions to get a quick workaround for this issue. What are the outcomes? Continue reading this article till the end to find out.
So, before jumping to the techniques that I tested and benefitted from, let’s find out why your Outlook signature does not show images?
Let’s fix the scenario with the proper methods. What do you say?
How to Fix the Email Signature Image not Showing on Outlook?
Before initiating the solving procedure, I would suggest you determine to which end of the email your signature is not displaying. That statement means to find out if your client can’t seem to find your signature or if their recipients are facing the issue.
After that, log out of Outlook and clear your browser history. Moreover, re-organize your Outlook account. Check if the issue still persists. This procedure should resolve the matter if it was happening because of minor bugs/ glitches.
Instead of showing the image in the email, Outlook shows a blank rectangle in the signature area of the email body.
Sometimes, many email clients do not automatically download the images from the Outlook web server
Work on the following methods if you cannot see the signature yet. First, read the solutions attentively, then proceed to apply on. Check every time if you can see the image of your signature after implementing a method.
Here are the methods to solve Outlook not showing images to your signature:
Method 1. Try Writing Emails in HTML format
If you are using the plain text format, presumably the signature is going to be displayed as an attachment to your email, and it won’t be embedded. Embed image files appear properly in emails as opposed to those images in email signatures that are linked images in plain text. Avert such scenarios by simply composing your email and inserting images using HTML code email format.
Otherwise, the message format can cause problems in showing the image in the body of the message your send. This is a common cause for Outlook not showing your signature.
Here are the steps to compose emails in HTML format:
- Launch the Outlook application from your device.
- Press Ctrl + N to compose a new email. You can choose any option to compose a new email.
- Click on the File option and select Options from the left menu.
- Move to the Mail section when the new window appears.
- Locate the option Compose messages in this format.
- Open the drop-down menu and select HTML instead of the other two.
- Click Ok to save the changes.
After setting up the changes, compose an email by adding an image to it and send it to your friend to check out if the changes contributed value, as the new image will be embedded into the email now.
Embedded images in HTML email messages are less prone to not appearing or showing in emails contrary to plain text format. So, using a different format for your new email signature can fix your problem.
Here’s a complete guide on how to Turn off Outlook’s Junk Email Filter.
Method 2. Update Outlook
Microsoft always tries to serve its consumers at the highest level. If the image in your signature isn’t appearing because of a software bug, probably not having the latest software update is the reason why the issue is caused. Try to use Outlook after updating Microsoft Office if there’s any available, as it will automatically download and install the latest versions of Outlook.
Here’s the process to update Microsoft Outlook:
- Launch Outlook from your device.
- Click on the File menu from the dashboard.
- Select Office Account from the left menu.
- Locate the Update options in the middle of this window.
- Select Update Now from the list.
Wait for a while, as Outlook may take some time to complete the update. Check if the Outlook email signature image is observable when you upload the image into the email. If your images aren’t showing in Outlook still or if the email you send does not display images, follow the upcoming techniques.
Also, check out our separate post on Outlook Plugins.
Method 3. Launch Outlook in Safe Mode
You are probably wondering what this method is. You have started windows in safe mode but, running software in safe mode? Is that even necessary?
Well, launching a program in safe mode has its own benefits. It demeans the compatibility issues, errors that happen because of extensions can be neutralized by launching in safe mode. So, how should you do that?
Here are the steps to launch Microsoft Outlook in Safe mode:
- Press the Windows + R keys at the same time to launch the run prompt.
- Copy this command Outlook.exe/safe and hit Enter.
- Confirm that you want to run this program in safe mode.
When the safe mode for Outlook opens, compose an email to check if the signature image issue is occurring here also. Most likely, you are not going to face the same issue here in the safe mode. If Outlook still isn’t able to display images, move on to the next fix.
Quickly check out my new post on how to fix Microsoft Excel freezing or slow.
Method 4. Repair Microsoft Office
Sometimes the inscription image issue can be the result of corrupted office files. Hold on! You don’t have to re-install the Microsoft Office program. The least you can do is repair the application so that the reason why it affects images or media files gets fixed.
Here are the steps to repair Microsoft Office:
- Press the Windows + S keys simultaneously to launch the windows search box.
- Type in the Control Panel and click on the result.
- Select Programs from the following window.
- Select Programs and features in the subsequent window. You will see the list of programs installed on your computer after selecting the option.
- Locate Microsoft office in the list and look for an option named Change in the dashboard.
- Select the Quick repair option and click on Repair.
- Select the online repair option if the issue can’t be resolved with a quick repair.
Wait for a while until the windows complete the repairing mechanism. Your issue should be resolved by now if you follow every step properly.
You may also like to read: Green Screen with Microsoft Teams
Alternative Methods to Resolve Outlook Signature not Showing Images
If all of the methods couldn’t help you with the situation, don’t lose hope. I still have some tricks left to reduce your headache.
These steps don’t require any repairing tools or updating software. All you need is to create a new signature image and, as a substitute, create a new Outlook profile. Considering your skillset, these won’t take much of your time.
So let’s start the procedure without wasting any more of your valuable time.
Create a New Signature
If you are at this point of the article, I’ll assume the other inscription didn’t work as you predicted since certain problems may occur that are irreversible. You can always add a different image as a new signature to your inventory by following these simple steps.
Here’s the process to generate a new signature:
- Save your signature in a different format than the previous one.
- Launch the Outlook application, and click on the File menu.
- Select Outlook options from the left pane.
- Go to the Mail tab, and look to create signatures for messages.
- Click on the Signature option and select the image to upload.
You will be able to notice the signature is added as an image, unlike the previous one. You can then send your emails using the new image in the signature.
Create a New Outlook Profile
You can create a new Outlook profile if the earlier profile experience is horrible due to limitless glitches or other reasons.
Here are the steps to create a new Outlook Profile:
- Launch the Outlook application, and click on File from the dashboard.
- Select Account Settings from there.
- Move to the Manage Profiles section and click on Show Profiles.
- Click on the Add button to include a new profile.
The issue should have resolved itself when you bring the additional profile to work in Outlook.
These are the methods I tested and got the best outcome when I encountered the signature image issue. Following the instructions will help you in the same way that I believe and wish for.
Also, check out our separate post on how to view message headers in Outlook
Hopefully, you have managed to resolve the error by implementing the methods I have enlisted in the article. This error happens quite regularly on Outlook, and don’t take it for granted, I would suggest.
If applying any of these methods seem confusing for you, or if you are not sure about the necessity of the implementation, you are more than welcome to share your thoughts with us.
Write down your queries in the comment box. We will get back to you at the earliest.