I am sure about your thirst for being a king. Am I not true! I can help you out to get the server owner crown on Discord.
As a pro gamer, I have used Discord as my reliable chat platform for several years, just like most of you. That’s why I know how simple it is to get an owner crown on Discord.
Do read till the end. I hope this article will clear all of your doubts.
Check out our separate post on how to fix Discord crown not showing up.
What is Discord Crown?
The crown icon alongside your name comes with lots of accountabilities. It means that you are a responsible individual. Seeing it, other members can easily understand who controls the server, whom to contact for any help, and other things.
Anytime the members of your server will ask you for help. So, every time it is not easy to handle all the responsibilities. In that case, you can assign someone trustworthy as an admin of your server.
How to Get the Server Owner Crown on Discord
Discord assigns different roles to its users. The server owners are not an exception. They are posed with a golden crown badge as the creator of the server.
The process is very similar to the art of artists- as an artist uses different colors to signify various things, so Discord assigns diverse roles to users to specify their power in the server.
You are here; maybe your crown badge just disappeared from your name. Of course, there are ways to get the crown back displayed next to your name.
Follow our guide to fix Can’t Join Discord Server Even When not Banned
Here are the steps to get the server owner crown on Discord:
- Launch Discord.
- Navigate to the server where your crown disappeared.
- Right-click on the server name.
- Click on Server Settings.
- Tap to the Roles. Here you can see all the created roles in the server.
- Click on every role, then go for Role Settings.
- Toggle OFF the option Display role members separately from online members.
- Check every role whether it is turned ON or OFF. If ON, make sure it is OFF.
- Press the (CTRL + R) shortcut key to refresh the screen. Check the badge of the owner’s crown. It must be back to the place.
Check out the easiest way to Fix Discord Server Roles not Working
How to Remove the Crown on Discord
If you want to abandon the owner crown badge, you need to perform easy steps similar to getting the owner crown.
Here are the steps to remove the crown on Discord:
- Open your Discord dashboard.
- Right-click on the server name.
- Click on Server Settings.
- Click on the Roles.
- Toggle ON the switch Display role members separately from online members.
- Click on Save Settings at the bottom.
- Use the (CTRL + R) shortcut key to refresh Discord.
- Check if there is any crown badge that appears or not. It will no longer be displayed.
- Go to each role and toggle the switch OFF if the icon remains.
How to Hide the Crown on Discord
You have another option in your hand. Though the owner’s crown badge is royal, maintaining the responsibilities is also challenging. Managing all members’ requests becomes troublesome when you have many members under your server- as you are the owner and have the crown badge.
In that case, for the time being, you may create roles for the admin to share your responsibilities. You can also hide your owner’s crown badge, behaving like ordinary members so that they cannot find you out as the owner.
You can hide your server owner crown on Discord just by adding yourself to the given role.
Read more on how to Delete a Discord Server Safely
Here are the steps to hide the crown on Discord:
- Launch the Discord server.
- Go to the Server Settings.
- Find User Management and under it, click on Members.
- Search your name and click on options (3 dots).
- Tap to Role.
- Select the New role so that you can add yourself, which you just created.
- Press (CTRL+R) to refresh the window. After refreshing Discord, you will find your Discord server owner crown hidden.
How to Transfer Ownership of a Discord Server
It is widely known to all Discord users that it was developed focusing on the transaction of crypto-currency and communication among the users. Now, the applications of Discord went far beyond that. That is the reason you may need to transfer your server ownership.
The process is entirely stress-free, as usual. The steps apply to Windows or macOS.
Check out our post if you want to know if your friends blocked you on discord.
Here are the steps to transfer the ownership of a Discord server:
- Launch the Discord.
- Navigate to the server from the left-hand-sided server list.
- Right-click on the server icon.
- Tap to the Server Settings.
- Click on Members from the pop-up menu.
- Find out the server member that you want to transfer the ownership to.
- Hover over the entry.
- Click on the Options (3 dots) icon.
- Select Transfer Ownership.
- Confirm the transfer from the dialog box.
Check out our separate post on how to get rid of IP bans on Discord.
What If There Is No Owner of a Discord Server?
In discord, a server cannot be created autonomously. In other words, every server has its creator or owner anyhow. We can consider a bot as the owner of a server as well. But indeed, there is.
A single case may arise- if a Discord server has a single owner, and the owner prefers to delete the account before reassigning the ownership to someone else. In this case, the server may face ownerless for the time being.
In the course of this period, the server members can freely use it. But, if they don’t take proper measures, they may confront a major problem. That is, the server will be automatically deleted or disabled at some point. Thus, despite having potential privileges of being the owner of that server, any one of the members cannot acquire the ownership, unfortunately.
In this case, the best measure will be to contact the Discord Support team and ask them to step in. When the support team initializes active roles on this, the problem with the ownership of a server will be resolved.
Check out the easiest way to install Discord on PS5.
1. Can you transfer ownership to more than one person?
No. You can transfer your server ownership to only one person in Discord. But, of course, you can assign roles of an owner to several persons.
2. Can you transfer ownership to a bot?
No. It is not possible to transfer your ownership to a bot in Discord. You can just add a bot to the server.
3. Where are the server settings on Discord?
On your left-hand side, select your server name, and then choose the ‘Server Settings’ tab. Here you can view the settings of your server on Discord.
4. How to find the owner of a Discord server?
You can quickly identify the owner of a Discord server with a crown icon. And you can find the icon or badge next to the owner’s name.
5. Will I still be a member of my server after transferring?
Yes. You will remain a member of the server. However, your access may vary depending on your role’s permissions.
The badge of the owner’s crown next to your name, no doubt, provides a fantastic feeling who spontaneously rules his kingdom. The regular members act there as ruled by the owner.
Therefore, it is essential to display the crown icon with your name where you already earned it. In the ways discussed, you can easily do so. The steps are rigorously tested.
If you need to hide or remove your badge, it is also possible by performing some easy steps I discussed above. Hide or removal of your icon may give you ease while handling the responsibilities of a server owner.
I hope you will find this article helpful. Keep a sharp eye on our page for more sparkling guides. Feel free to share this on your social media.