Windows offers several cumulative updates to keep your OS updated and out of bugs. But updates come with numerous bug fixes and many additional new features.
Windows 11 is relatively a hyped version among Windows users. Everyone is shifting to this new OS after using Windows 10 for a long time. But nothing is absolute, and the same goes for Windows 11.
Error 0x800f0922 is a common issue while we update Windows 11 from an older OS.
If you face this error code, don’t worry. You are just minutes away from fixing this error code. All you need to do is read this article till the end and apply all the proven solutions I have stated.
Let’s get started!
What Causes Windows 11 Update Error Code 0x800f0922?
You might get this install error code 0x800f0922 for corrupted system files, disabled .NET Frameworks elements, disabled apps Readiness services, etc. Sometimes corrupted cache data or inaccurate Windows update settings can throw this update error codes.
Not only in Windows 11, but you can also face this code in Windows 10. This type of error is a common issue when installing an update from Microsoft. Windows users worldwide report this problem whenever they try to update and install the updates.
As a newly released OS, Windows 11 might have several bugs and a lack of system improvements. That’s why Microsoft offers cumulative updates often to Windows users to ensure higher security and bug fixes. When an error occurs, it also comes with an error code to quickly find the actual problem.
Solving any error code issue is an easy task, and you can do this too. It’s like snapping a finger, and work is done magically.
How to Fix Windows 11 install Update Error 0x800f0922
Fixing this error is relatively easy, and you don’t need to be a pro to apply the steps. I have implemented all the possible procedures in the simplest way. Read the methods and apply them accordingly.
Here are the methods to fix Windows 11 install update error 0x800f0922:
1. Launch the Troubleshooter for Windows Updates
You can troubleshoot Windows update problems to fix the error. The Windows update troubleshooter option is a collection of automatic repair strategies that will repair many issues. After launching, it will automatically search for problems and fix them automatically.
Check out our separate post to Fix Activation Error 0xC004F213 On Windows 11.
Here are the steps to run Windows updates troubleshooter:
- Press the Windows key + I to go to Settings.
- Click on System and scroll down to select Troubleshoot.
- Click on the Other troubleshooters option.
- Hit the Run from the right side of the Windows update.
Wait for the troubleshooter to detect the issue while updating. Click on Apply the fix option to resolve the problem.
2. Turn on Microsoft .NET Framework 3.5
Microsoft’s .NET Framework 3.5 is essential for Windows 11 when you need to install the latest released updates. The overall update process might be compromised due to lackings of this feature. Therefore, enabling .NET 3.5 resolves the error code problem for many users.
Here are the steps to enable .NET Framework 3.5:
- Press the Win key + R to open Run.
- Type appwiz.cpl and click on OK.
- Click on Turn Windows features on or off.
- Click on the checkbox for .NET Framework 3.5 (includes .NET 2.0 and 3.0). Also, click the checkbox for Windows Communication Foundation HTTP Activation and Windows Communication Foundation Non-HTTP Activation.
- Hit the OK button.
Restart your PC, and after installing .NET Framework 3.5, I hope you will no longer face the error code again.
3. Check for Corrupted System Files
When you update and install the latest Windows releases, corrupt files sometimes create problems. Error code 0x800f0922 can occur while you have corrupted or faulty system files.
Scanning and fixing those files with Windows SFC (System File checker) utility will solve the problem.
On the contrary, you can also check and resolve faulty system files using the DISM (Deployment Image Servicing and Management) utility. To use both, you need to run them through CMD.
Here are the steps to scan and fix corrupted system files with SFC:
- Press the Win key + R and type CMD in the Run prompt.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to open the CMD with Admin.
- Type sfc /scannow and hit the Enter key.
This SFC feature will scan the corrupted files in the system. The process will take some time to complete 100%. After finding the broken or corrupted file, it will repair automatically.
Look at the steps below if you want to check system file integrity using DISM.
Here are the steps to scan the Systems file integrity using the DISM:
- Relaunch the Run and type CMD in it.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + Enter to run CMD with Admin.
- Type the below command lines and hit Enter after each line to execute those.
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /CheckHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /ScanHealth
DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth
After running all the command lines successfully, go to the Windows update and check if the error code 0x800f0922 still exists or not. If still showing the code, go for the following method.
4. Turn on the App Readiness Service
The service is liable for creating and maintaining new Windows update installation logs. You might face this error code while updating Windows if this service is not running. So, enabling the App Readiness service will solve the problem for you.
Here are the steps to turn on the App Readiness service:
- Press Windows key + S and type Services in the search box.
- Click on the Open option.
- Double-click on the App Readiness to open it.
- Change the Startup type to Automatic and click on the Start button.
- Click on the Apply and then OK.
Next, restart your PC and check for the updates again. I hope you won’t see the error code again if the disabled App Readiness service was causing the issue.
Follow our guide to Fix User Profile Cannot Be Loaded Error in Windows 11
5. Reset Windows Update
Sometimes resetting the Windows update solves the problem alone because the Windows update feature itself can create issues while installing the updates. Follow the below steps to reset the Windows update feature.
Here are the steps to reset the Windows update:
- Launch the CMD with Administrative privileges.
- Type ipconfig / flushdns to clear all IP addresses and the DNS records from the cache.
- Type the below command lines to stop four services first and press Enter after each line.
net stop wuauserv
net stop cryptSvc
net stop bits
net stop msiserver
- Run below command lines after stopping the four services. Hit Enter after every line like before.
ren C:\Windows\SoftwareDistribution SoftwareDistribution.old
ren C:\Windows\System32\catroot2 Catroot2.old
- Start the stopped services again. Just type start instead of stop and hit Enter key after each command line.
net start wuauserv
net start cryptSvc
net start bits
net start msiserver
Restart the PC and check whether the error codes showed up again or not.
You may also like to read: Enter Network Credentials Error on Windows 11/10 Fixed.
6. Disable Windows Firewall
Your Windows firewall might interfere when you try to install the latest cumulative updates in your Windows 11, which can be the reason behind the 0x800f0922 error.
Try disabling the Windows firewall first and check for the updates again.
Here are the steps to disable the Windows firewall:
- Press Windows key + I and open Settings.
- Go to Privacy & security.
- Navigate to Windows Security > Open Windows Security.
- Select Firewall & network protection.
- Select only the active network and turn off Microsoft Defender Firewall.
Now, check for the updates again. It wouldn’t happen again if the Windows firewall was the interrupter.
7. Perform a Full Antivirus Scan
At last, you can perform a full antivirus scan to determine if any malware in the system is creating the error code while updating. To do so, you must go to the Windows defender settings and run a complete system scanning.
Here are the steps to perform a full antivirus scan:
- Press Windows key + I and move to Settings.
- Navigate to Privacy & security > Windows Security > Virus & threat protection.
- Click on Scan options.
- Select the Full scan radio button and click the Scan now button at the bottom.
Malware can cause havoc in your system. To ensure complete protection, perform a quick scan. Try to run a Full scan once a week.
Also, follow our separate post to Fix cFosSpeed Driver Preventing Windows 11 Installation.
Can I install Windows updates manually?
You can install Windows updates manually by going to Microsoft’s Update Catalog web page. Next, input the KB number in the search bar and search for it. Then download the update and install it afterward.
What does error code 0x800f0922 mean?
Error code 0x800f0922 means Windows faces a problem while downloading or installing the updates. This error code also means a low system reserved partition is left for new updates to load into the system or the Windows system failed to connect to the server.
How can I fix the install error Code 0x800f0922?
To fix the error code 0x800f0922 while downloading and installing the updates, you can try the Windows update troubleshooting feature, enable .NET Framework 3.5, or run SFC or DISM Windows utility from CMD. Additionally, you can reset the Windows update feature to fix the problem.
While updating Windows 11 to the newest features, error code 0x800f0922 is very pitiful for a Windows user. But the pain will cross the limit when you have a severe problem with the Windows OS, and installing the updates is the only solution.
Applying the above methods and steps will solve the error code 0x800f0922. Just be patient and follow those steps carefully.
Solving the issue will not take long if you have started applying the methods already. Hope to see you at the next one.