Favorites, also known as bookmarks, are effective for accessing your saved web pages quickly and comfortably in the future.
People use multiple computers and account for their personal and official work. It’s troublesome when you need your favorites, but they are saved on another PC.
Also, when you upgrade your PC, you leave a lot of favorites on your old computer. Searching and creating new favorites on your new PC is challenging.
But, don’t worry! You can effortlessly transfer your Microsoft Edge favorites to your other computer by syncing and sharing the favorites files.
In this article, I will reduce your concern by guiding you with the technique of transferring Microsoft Edge favorites to another computer.
Read the full articles and save your time from finding web pages again.
How to Transfer Microsoft Edge Favorites to Another Computer?
You can transfer your favorites from Microsoft Edge to another PC by syncing the accounts. Additionally, export your favorites using the HTML file or transferring the Microsoft Edge bookmark folder. You can also transfer favorites to other PC if you have different accounts or profiles.
There are different ways to transfer favorites to another computer. Keep reading the article to know the process.
Here are the ways to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites to another computer:
1. Syncing Microsoft Edge Favorites
Syncing the favorites with your account is the most straightforward way to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites to another computer.
Here are the steps to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites by syncing:
- Open Microsoft Edge.
- Tap on the three horizontal dots (…) from the top right corner.
- Go to Settings.
- Press on Profiles.
- Click on the Sync option.
- Turn on Favorites if it’s off.
Now, switch to your other computer to transfer your favorite Microsoft Edge bookmarks.
- Launch Microsoft Edge to your new computer.
- Press on the Settings and more from the top-right.
- Go to Settings.
- Click on Profile.
- Tap on the Sign in to sync data button.
- Add the account from your previous computer.
Make sure the favorites option is enabled when syncing to your new computer. After completing the syncing process, the pages and sites from your previous computer will automatically show to your Edge favorites.
2. Exporting & Importing Edge Favorites Files
The syncing method won’t work if you have two different accounts on your two computers. However, you can transfer your favorites by importing data from the previous computer.
Before importing the data to Microsoft Edge on your new computer, you must export the favorites from your previous PC.
Here are the processes to export MS Edge favorites files:
- Go to the MS Edge from your old PC.
- Tap on Favorites from the top bar.
- Press on the three horizontal dots (…) button.
- Click on Export favorites.
- Save the favorites file.
Upload the favorites file to your cloud storage or transfer the file using a physical storage device. After moving the file to your new PC, you need to import the file into your MS Edge browser.
Here are the procedures to import MS Edge favorite file:
- Open Microsoft Edge on your new computer.
- Click on Settings and more.
- Go to Favorites.
- Tap on More options.
- Select Import favorites.
- Choose Favorites or bookmarks HTML file from the drop-down menu.
- Press the Choose file button.
- Locate the exported file and open it to import all the favorites.
After importing the file, all the favorites will show to the other account on your new PC.
Check out the Microsoft Refund policy to get absolutely full refunds on your products.
3. Copy the Bookmark Folder Method
You can also transfer the favorites manually by copying the bookmark or favorites folder from your old computer.
Here are the steps to copy and transfer the folder:
- Go to the directory, C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\UserData\Default
- Copy the bookmarks file.
- Upload it to your cloud storage or transfer it via a physical storage device.
- Open the same C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\UserData\Default directory to your new PC.
- Paste the copied file into the directory.
- Overwrite the folder if it’s asked to.
If you don’t find the bookmarks in the default folder, try copying the file from the C:\Users\UserName\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\UserData\Profile1 directory.
Also, check our exclusive tutorial on how many Microsoft points do I have.
How to Transfer Microsoft Edge Favorites to Other Browsers on Another Computer
Using the favorites HTML file, you can transfer bookmarks to any browser like Google Chrome and Firefox. Favorite HTML files from Microsoft Edge contain all the saved web pages link. It’s very effortless to export all the bookmarks using an HTML file.
Based on the browser, the export and import procedure is different. You need to export the data before starting the importing process. Read the full articles to learn how to transfer bookmarks to other browsers.
Here are the ways to export MS Edge favorites files:
- Launch the MS Edge from your old PC.
- Press on Favorites from the top bar.
- Click on the three horizontal dots (…) button.
- Select on Export favorites.
- Save the favorites file on your PC.
- Upload the file to cloud storage services or transfer it to a physical storage unit.
Now, you have to import the favorite file to browsers. Based on the browsers, the transfer procedure can be different. Consider reading the article to know the process in Chrome and Firefox.
Here are the steps to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites to Chrome:
- Open the Google Chrome browser.
- Tap on the three vertical dots ( ⋮ ) from the top-right corner.
- Press on Bookmarks.
- Select Import bookmarks and settings.
- Choose Bookmarks HTML File from the drop-down option.
- Tap on the Choose File button.
- Locate the file and open it.
- Confirm by pressing Done.
After completing the steps, you will see the bookmarks on the bar of your Google Chrome.
To import the favorites in Firefox, Keep following the process below.
Here are the processes to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites to Firefox:
- Go to the Firefox browser.
- Press Ctrl + Shift + O buttons together.
- Tap on Import and Backup from the top bar.
- Select Import Bookmarks from HTML.
- Find the exported file and open it.
It will add your Microsoft Edge favorites to Firefox. You can find them by going to Bookmarks.
Here’s a complete guide on how to fix Microsoft error code 6009.
Frequently Asked Questions
Where is Microsoft Edge favorites stored?
The Microsoft Edge favorites are stored in the bookmark file in the C:\Users\<Username>\AppData\Local\Microsoft\Edge\User Data\Default\Bookmarks directory.
What is the difference between favorites and bookmarks?
Depending on the browsers, saved pages and sites are called favorites and bookmarks. They are both the same and work similarly.
How do I transfer my bookmarks from Microsoft Edge to other browsers?
You can transfer MS Edge favorites or bookmarks to other browsers by syncing the account or exporting the favorites HTML file.
A Final Thought
Transferring the favorites or bookmarks to another PC is useful when you have upgraded or switched your computers. It saves your time and reduces the trouble.
Without knowing the transfer procedure, it can be tiring and time-consuming.
I’ve provided all the approaches to transfer Microsoft Edge favorites to another computer and hope you have managed to do so by following the steps.