About 23% of Logitech device users have complained that their peripheral support software– Logitech G Hub, is not working properly on Windows 11. So technically, you’re not the lone ranger fighting this issue.
Earlier this year, when I first installed the beta version of Windows 11, I couldn’t use the G Hub application (for my Logitech G102). Even the G Hub declined to install on Windows 11.
Anyways, after hours of researching and trying different tweaks on my computer, I finally found the ultimate solutions that helped me resolve the issue. If you’re having a similar problem, this article will help you settle it.
How to Fix Logitech G Hub not Working on Windows 11
A faulty or outdated driver is the main reason why G Hub is not working on Windows 11. Besides, lack of administrative access and missing software files also trigger the issue. In most cases, the disabled LGHUB updater service was the main culprit.
Those issues are recoverable; you don’t need to worry about that. Focus on the approaches that I’ll be sharing here. Your LGHUB will be well compatible with the recent Windows version.
Here are the methods to resolve LGHUB stopped working on Windows 11:
1. Run Logitech G HUB as an administrator
Administrative permission allows you to run the program at its fullest capacity. When running the LGHUB application with administrative access, the chances of compatibility issues with Windows 11 comes down a lot.
Here’s the method to run LGHUB as an admin:
- Right-click on the Logitech G Hub application on the desktop menu.
- Select Properties from the list.
- Go to the Compatibility
- Tick on Run this program as an administrator.
- Click Apply then Ok to save the process.
Restart your computer once you have applied the tweak. Logitech’s corresponding software will function adequately on your Windows 11.
Check out our separate post if your Logitech Gaming Software won’t work.
2. Update Device Drivers
As I stated earlier, an outdated/ corrupted driver is the prime reason behind the compatibility issue between the LGHUB application and Windows 11. Updating your device’s driver will be adequate to resolve the issue in the first place.
Here’s the procedure to update your device’s driver:
- Press Windows + X to launch the startup menu.
- Select Device Manager from the following list.
- Expand the device option that you think has an outdated driver. For example, expand the mice & pointing device option.
- Right-click on the driver and select Update Driver.
- Follow the on-screen instructions and restart your computer once the update is complete.
Relaunch Logitech G Hub and check whether it’s functioning properly on your Windows 11 or not. Move on to the following solution if not.
Follow our guide to Fix Windows License will Expire Soon on Windows 11.
3. Set LGHUB Updater Service to Automatic
If you disable the LGHUB updater service– which is crucial for running the G Hub application, you are most likely to face the error on Windows. G Hub can’t load on Windows in case the auto-update service is disabled.
Set the updater to launch automatically from the Windows service.
Here are the steps to set LGHUB service to Automatic:
- Press Windows + R to launch the run prompt.
- Type service.msc in the prompt box and hit Enter.
- Locate the LGHUB updater service and double-click on it.
- Go to the General tab and switch the startup type to Automatic.
- Press apply & ok to save the changes.
Initiate the G Hub application and check whether the problem has been resolved or not. Go forward to the following section if the problem remains.
4. Reinstall Logitech G Hub
If the settings on your Logitech G Hub are corrupted or any of the necessary files are missing from the software directory, you need to install the software again from scratch.
Reinstalling will delete corrupted data from the software, and the issue will be resolved.
Here’s the method to reinstall Logitech G Hub on Windows 11:
- Type the Control panel on your Windows search box and press Enter.
- Go to the Program menu and select uninstall.
- Locate the Logitech G hub on the list and click on it.
- Select Uninstall from the dashboard and follow on-screen instructions.
- Download the latest version from the official website and install it in the regular process.
You are all set. From now on, your LGHUB software will definitely work on Windows 11.
Having any other issues on Windows 11 with your Logitech device? Check out the following section to clear out your queries.
Read more on how to Fix DNS Server Not Responding Windows 11.
How to Fix Logitech G Hub not Loading on Windows 11
Failure of background services to detect peripherals is the main reason Logitech G Hub can’t load on Windows 11. Additionally, bugs in the software’s directory files and outdated Windows versions are the primary participants creating this issue.
Trying to figure out how you can solve LGHUB not loading in Windows 11? Check out the solutions later in this part.
Here are the methods to resolve Logitech peripheral driver loading on Windows 11:
1. Reinstall Device Drivers
Since this problem causes due to an incompatibility issue of the respected device, reinstalling the driver would resolve the matter.
Here are the steps to reinstall drivers in Windows 11:
- Search for Device manager in the search box.
- Expand the driver details when they appear.
- Right-click on the driver and select Uninstall driver.
- Restart your computer after uninstalling the driver.
Note: After rebooting, your computer will automatically detect the device and install its driver.
2. Update Your OS
If you haven’t updated Windows 11 to the latest build version, chances are your G Hub will stop loading on Windows 11. Keep your Windows up to date to avoid such problems.
Here’s the method to update your Windows 11 to the latest build version:
- Press Windows + I to launch the settings menu.
- Select Windows Update from the left pane.
- Click on Check for updates on the right side of the panel.
- Install the update and restart your computer.
After updating the OS, launch and check if the G Hub application is loading on your PC properly. Following every step that I suggested will surely solve your problem.
These are the ultimate solutions you need to perform when you face Logitech G Hub not loading on Windows 11. Trouble with installing the software? Read the subsequent paragraph and work accordingly.
How to Fix Logitech G Hub not Installing on Windows 11
Sometimes, Windows fails to determine which application it should allow access to install. That’s because of the lack of some essential programs, e.g., Microsoft Visual C++, the latest .net framework, etc.
Furthermore, if the Windows firewall blocks the G hub application from running, it won’t install without some tweaks on your computer.
Here are the methods to fix Logitech G Hub not installing on Windows 11:
1. Install Microsoft Visual C++
If the Visual C++ program is missing from your computer, installing it would better fix your issue.
Just click on this link and download the visual retribution software. After that, try to install Logitech G Hub again. And this time, you will successfully install the application.
If not, move on to the next tweak.
2. Allow Logitech G Hub from Windows Firewall
You will need to manually set the Windows firewall to allow Logitech peripheral application access in the system.
The process is not too complicated to handle.
Here are the steps to allow LGHUB from the Windows firewall:
- Search for Windows firewall in the search box.
- Click on Allow an app or feature through Windows defender firewall.
- Select Change settings on the next page.
- Tick on the LGHUB agent and select ok.
Restart your computer and check if the issue is fixed. If not, try the final method.
3. Install in Safe Mode
If all of the methods that I have discussed in this article couldn’t solve your issue, this one might. Installing the application in safe mode will be a better idea if you can’t install any particular software in a regular way.
Here’s the process of installing Logitech G Hub in safe mode:
- Press Windows + I to launch Windows settings.
- Go to the System tab and scroll down to recovery.
- Click on restart now in the Advanced startup
- Select Restart now when a popup appears.
- Find the IgHub installer.exe file once your PC launches in safe mode and install it.
That’s it. After installing the application, reboot your PC to normal mode, and you are good to go.
Check out the following section if you have any other queries regarding Windows 11 and Logitech G Hub.
Frequently Asked Questions
Is Logitech G HUB compatible with Windows 11?
Yes, the Logitech G hub is compatible with every Windows version.
Why is my Logitech G hub not installing Windows 11?
If the Windows 11 firewall blocks the peripheral’s access, it will not install on Windows 11.
Why is my Logitech mouse not connecting to GHUB?
Unplug the device > Restart your computer > Reinstall G Hub > plug the device again.
The last thing I would like to say is that if you’re using Logitech devices for a long time, then you know its support application is the worst. So you don’t need to bang your head if the G hub isn’t functioning properly.
Try out the tweaks that I have shared in this article. An immense possibility is the G hub will start to work on Windows 11 once you follow my instructions from top to bottom.
Then again, if you face any irregularities while implementing the methods, contact me via the comment box. I’ll assist you with every possible solution.