Windows 11 is the latest version of Windows that has been released on October 5, 2021. As it is relatively new, some issues exist on Windows 11 but the team at Microsoft is fixing those issues and it should not take more than a couple of months to get all the problems ironed out.
Initially, all versions of Windows has some issues but eventually, they get fixed and users are usually happy with the end result. Now coming to the matter at hand, just like Windows 10 Windows 11 also has a safe mode option.
What is safe mode in Windows 11?
If you are wondering as to how you can boot into Safe mode on Windows 11, the good news for you is that I have written the best methods to boot into safe mode in this post.
I understand it might seem confusing at first but I am here for you. So, keep calm and read the full post to know more details.
Follow our guide on how to Fix Secure Boot Error to Update to Windows 11
How to Boot to Safe Mode in Windows 11 easily
There are many ways you can turn your pc on in safe mode on Windows 11. Thankfully, all the ways mentioned below are straightforward and easy to follow.
Remember that using Safe mode is a great way to identify the source of a hidden problem or to be sure of a problem.
You know what is better than just one solution? Three solutions. go through the easy methods given below.
Here are the steps to boot safe mode in Windows 11:
1. Enter Safe mode using MSConfig
This method is the easiest out of the three given below. It is so easy that even a little kid can do it. This is the most used way of entering safe mode on Windows 11.
Check out our separate post: 3 Ways to Get Out of Safe Mode in Windows 10/11
So what are you waiting for? The process is simple so do not panic, keep calm and go through the steps.
Here are the steps to enter safe mode using normal Windows 11 login:
- Click on the search button on your desktop screen.
- Type in Run in the search bar and press the Enter key on your keyboard.
- Click on Run.
- Type in msconfig and click on the OK button. The System Configuration menu will be displayed to you.
- Click on Boot.
- Select Safe Boot.
- Click on Minimal.
- Click on Apply.
- Click on OK.
- Select Restart. Your PC will reboot in Safe mode.
If you were not able to follow this method there is no reason to worry as the other methods are given below. Please go through them.
Also read: Stop Apps Running in Background Windows 11
2. Go to Safe mode from the desktop screen
The first screen you see after starting Windows on your pc is called the desktop screen. You can quickly enter safe mode from the desktop screen.
This is a fantastic method because it saves time and it is also very simple. I believe in you; just follow the steps given below; you got this!
Here’s a complete guide to turn off Touchpad Clicks on Windows 11.
Here are the steps to enter safe mode from boot screen on Windows 11:
- Click on the Start menu.
- Click on Power.
- Hold the Shift button on your keyboard and click on Restart.
- Choose Troubleshoot.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Select Startup Settings.
- Click on Restart.
- Press the F4 key on your keyboard.
Check out our latest fix for Windows Audio Device Graph Isolation High CPU.
3. Using command prompt
You can use the command prompt to enter safe mode by inputting a command line. This method only consists of a few simple steps so that you will save some time. Follow the steps given below.
Here are the steps to enter safe mode by using the command prompt on Windows 11:
- Hold the start menu button (Widows logo button) and press the R key.
- Type in cmd.
- Click on the OK button.
- Type in shutdown.exe /r /o /t 0 and press the Enter key on your keyboard. Windows will reboot to Recovery.
- Go to Troubleshoot > Advanced Options > Startup Settings > Restart.
- Press the F4 button on your Keyboard. Your pc will reboot into safe mode.
If you have further inquiries about Windows 11, keep reading the post.
Also, check out our separate post to disable SuperFetch in Windows 11.
4. Safe booting Automatic Repair mode
If all else fails, this is the method you should go for. I would not suggest this method as the first choice in entering safe mode, but this is still worth a shot.
When your pc fails to boot normally after three times, you will be taken into another menu from where you can enter safe mode on Windows 11. Yow will be taken to the automatic repair menu, where there are a lot of options, one of them being a reboot into safe mode.
The steps to safe boot using Automatic Repair mode are given below.
Here are the steps to safe boot using Automatic Repair mode on Windows 11:
- Restart your pc when you see the Windows logo.
- Repeat the previous step thrice. If you are successful, then you will be taken to the Automatic Recovery screen.
- Click on Advanced options.
- Select Troubleshoot.
- Go to Advanced options -> Startup Settings -> Restart.
Check our exclusive tutorial on How to Fix Blue Screen on Windows 11
Hopefully, by now, you have been able to reboot into safe mode on Windows 11 on your pc. All the methods mentioned above are the best ones that can be used. I have taken extra care in making sure all the methods are working and legit.
I wish you luck in whatever you do in the future and hopefully not face any problems using Windows 11.