Are you having problem engaging in Twitch while you are offline?
If that so, I have the quickest solution to your problem.
You can use Twitch Host mode to get rid of this issue very easily.
What is Host Mode on Twitch?
Host mode can host another channel’s live broadcast on your own channel page while you want to go offline. Your video player will only be replaced with an embedded version of the channel’s stream, while the chatroom will remain the same.
Keep Reading, As I am about to discuss how and why you should use the host mode.
What is Twitch?
Twitch is the world’s largest leading live streaming platform for gamers. Not only gamers but also YouTubers find it effective for their YouTube videos. And using Host Mode in Twitch enables liable resources for earning money.
Using Twitch has become a great source of income for many people.
You can watch and chat with millions of your fans across the globe. Host mode is widely used around the globe when users are about to go offline.
Why to Use Host Mode on Twitch?
Host mode is the best way to engage broadcasting in twitch in your absence. Hold your community together, share favorite content, and watch your favorite broadcasters with your friends. Twitch offers a new aspect of networking where you can support other broadcasters and build relationships with them.
One common question is:
Will my Twitch chat room change while in host mode?
No. The chat room won’t change. The same moderators and chat will be on your channel page. Chat settings are not affected while in host mode, so none of these settings will change while hosting others if your slow mode is enabled.
How Does Host Mode Work?
In your chat, type /host channel name to host a channel. For example: If you want to share (The Originals) Weekly show with your audience, you would type /host twitch. The audiences will now see what you are broadcasting from the channel.
Let me give you another example.
Suppose, you want to host my channel. So you have to type, /host 10scopes to broadcast my channels contents.
Here is the best part:
You can host up to three channels in total and one at a time in a given 30 minute period.
Type /unhost in the chat, if you want to turn off host mode.
What Happens When Someone Else Hosts My Stream?
It doesn’t matter who is hosting your stream. As long as it is your stream, all the viewers will be counted towards the hosted channel. Additionally, people will be able to subscribe and follow your channel directly from the hosted channel page.
If you are on a partnership with twitch, you will receive 100% of your advertising revenue share under normal terms and policies.
Twitch has announced a new feature which allows users to host other people’s live stream on their own channel. The host will also be counted as viewers in the original streamer’s viewer count.
How to Host on Twitch
Hosting on twitch can be done in both PC and Mobile Platforms.
Feel lucky because:
Hosting on Mobile Platform was not available few years ago.
Using a PC
Enabling Host mode on Twitch in a Windows PC or a MacPC is the same process. It’s very easy.
Here are the steps to use Host mode on Twitch:
- Log in to your Twitch account by visiting the Twitch website. If you don’t have an account, you can create one in their official website.
- Go to your personal Twitch channel by clicking on your profile icon.
- Click on the chat window on the right of the page and type /host channel name to start hosting a channel.
- Type /Unhost in your chat to remove broadcast or stop hosting from your page from hosting other channels.
Hosting Twitch on smartphone/Mobile is as simple as pouring water in a glass.
It’s easier use than that of the PC version.
so, here are the steps to use Host mode on Twitch using a smartphone:
- Download the Twitch app from the App Store or Google Play.
- Open the app and log in/create an account.
- Tap your Account icon with your profile picture.
- Click on the Chat tab to access your Channel’s chat window.
- Type /host channelname to host a channel on your stream.
How To Use Auto Host Feature on Twitch
Auto hosting can be enabled by all broadcasters. The system will automatically search for a channel and host whenever your channel is offline. This feature is also applicable when your channel is not actively hosting another user.
The best part is that:
Auto Hosting will never interfere with your live channel or active host. It will only work once your channel goes offline. The system will wait 3 minutes after your inactivity and search for channels to broadcast. This timer is needed to avoid unintended hosting.
There is no limit to how many channels you can add. It is recommended to host at least 10 channels to add an additional 40 hours of uptime.
Here are the steps to auto hosting on twitch:
- Go to your Channel Settings and scroll down to the Auto Hosting section.
- Turn the Team Hosting switch On. This will prioritize hosting members of your Twitch Team over any specific channels.
- Use the /host command to pick someone to host.
- Click the + sign in the top right corner of the Host List section to host any specific channels. Go to the Host Priority section below to host channels randomly.
- Save the Changes.
Pros. and Cons. of Hosting on Twitch
Like all other business adventures, streaming is also a balance sheet of wealth and debts, profit and loss, pros and cons.
It is true that, streamers will not do any loss project stuffs that won’t benefit them and their stream. Hosting Twitch streams on your channel arrives with both pros and cons.
Pros. and Cons. of Hosting on Twitch
Like all other business adventures, streaming is also a balance sheet of wealth and debts, profit and loss, pros and cons. It is true that, streamers will not do any loss project stuffs that won’t benefit them and their stream. Hosting Twitch streams on your channel arrives with both pros and cons.
- »Using Host mode enables you to constantly provide your users with content even when you are offline.
- »You can give your viewers an insight into the kind of content if you use Twitch Host Mode which will help your viewers get to know you better.
- »Hosting channels on your stream offers an opportunity to profit that is devoid of any risk.
- »Hosting another channel will award you with free promotion with a bit of prime real estate in the Live Hosts category of streams on the Twitch website and mobile apps.
- »1.You can only control the hosted channels on your stream, not the content those channels broadcast.
- »2.Almost all Twitch streamers have an “away message” and if you host another channel, the hosted channel’s stream will replace your away message.
- »Twitch host mode isn’t suitable for you unless you have close friends to host as complete strangers can cause trouble.
Question: Does Twitch host mode change what viewers see on livestreams?
Answer: No, Activating host mode won’t change what viewers see on any embedded live broadcast.
Question: Who gets the credentials for viewers when I activate Twitch host mode?
Answer: The channel that will host gets full credit for all viewers while you are in host mode.
Question: How does advertising work in Twitch host mode?
Answer: Hosted channel viewers will see advertisements from that hosted channel while you are in the Twitch host mode, the same as if they were directly on that channel’s page.
Question: Who gets ad revenue from commercials in the Twitch hosted channel?
Answer: Only Twitch hosting partners will receive advertising revenue. The channel that is being hosted will not receive ad revenue while in host mode.
Question: Will I see pre-rolls during the transition to Twitch host mode?
Answer: Yes, you will see a pre-roll during the transition to host mode.
Question: Will I receive notifications if someone adds me on auto Twitch hosting list?
Answer: You will only get an email when the auto hosting channel has at least 10% of followers.
Question: Can I enable Twitch auto hosting on mobile platform?
Answer: No, This feature is only valid for PC and Mac users.
Question: Can I manually Unhost a Twitch channel for disabling the auto host feature?
Answer: No, you cannot do so. If you want to stop auto hosting, you need to go to channel settings to turn it off.
Using Host Mode on Twitch seemed effective for many twitch users as they can communicate with others even they are offline.
Also the best part is that:
You can host multiple channels at a time to earn money using this mode.
So, my advice is to use Twitch Host Mode as it is worth it.