You made popcorn and sat on your couch to see your favorite movie La La Land on Hulu. But instead of showing any movie, it’s showing Error Code 406.
This error code is really annoying when it pops up out of nowhere. But, you come to the right place looking for your answer.
You may be experiencing this problem due to a slow internet connection or the Hulu server blocking your IP address. My Hulu app was causing the error because of these two reasons.
There are a bunch of other reasons you may face this error which you will find later in this article. I also listed all the definitive fixes which will help you fix this error with ease.
So, read the article without skipping any part.
Here’s a complete guide on how to Fix Hulu Won’t Accept My Email.
Why Does Hulu Error Code 406 Occur?
Poor internet connection, outdated Hulu apps, and Faulty Streaming device is the main reason Error Code 406 appears on Hulu. Also, corrupted cache files, suspicion of malicious IP addresses, and glitches or bugs in the system can cause this problem on Hulu.
To know more about these causes, read the brief details given here.
Here are the reasons that cause Error code 406 on Hulu:
Poor Internet Connection
Streaming top-quality movies, TV shows, breaking news, or live matches requires high-speed internet access on Hulu. The error code 406 appears when the internet connection becomes weak.
Outdated Hulu Apps
A regular update is made to the Hulu website. Those updates make video streaming quality better. But outdated Hulu apps cannot support the updated features & quality. That is why the error code is shown on the screen while streaming.
Faulty Streaming Device
You can play the Hulu platform videos on any TV, Android, Windows, Mac and many more. An error message can appear if there is any fault on the device you are using to see Hulu video programs.
Corrupted Cache Files
Hulu may stop & show a fault code like 406 if there is a corrupted cache file on the device or browser.
Bug or Glitch in Hulu apps
A bug or glitch can arise when Hulu is not shut down or closed correctly. This bug causes the app not to function appropriately & hence fault happens.
Malicious IP address
Occasionally Hulu servers stop streaming and send an error message when it suspects malicious behavior in the user’s IP address.
How to Fix Hulu Error Code 406
Until now, if you are following this article, you know what’s causing the error on Hulu. I will try to provide all the possible ways that can fix the error. One of these methods will do the trick & solve your problem.
Here are the methods to fix Hulu Error Code 406:
1. Reconfigure all the connecting devices
The system becomes less efficient when numerous programs are running at the same time.
For this, a loading ball comes on the screen and shows the error message.
Try to reduce the load by closing the multiple programs and giving a fresh start to all your connected devices by performing a complete reconfiguration.
Here are the steps to reconfigure all the connecting devices:
- Turn off the Hulu app & close the streaming device.
- Shut down the modem or router, remove it from the power source, and keep it turned off for two to three minutes for refreshment.
- Connect the modem/router to the power outlet after refreshment, and make sure they are appropriately connected and running without interruption.
- Turn on the streaming device and start the Hulu app.
Check whether the error is showing again or not. If the problem still displays on the device, try the following methods.
2. Use different network connection
The network may occasionally have insufficient bandwidth, which can cause a code 406 error on Hulu. In that case, move to a different network if you have one. For example, turn on the hotspot and mobile data, or connect to another router.
The Hulu operating device may experience a slow network connection if the distance between the router and the device is too long. Keep your device close to the router and ensure no other devices are linked to the same network source.
To see good quality and uninterrupted stream videos on Hulu, check the internet connection has a speed of more than three Megabits.
3. Update the Hulu application
The error message comes on the screen when the Hulu app is missing some updates. Occasionally, Updates provide patches for the app’s problems and bugs. So try to install all of the App-related updates.
Here are some steps for updating Hulu on PC, Android & iOS:
- Tap the Windows button on your keyboard, type Microsoft Store and click on it.
- Locate the three-dotted icon on the top right corner and click on it to open the menu.
- Tap on the Downloads and Updates option.
- Select the Get updates Click on the Hulu icon to download the update.
- Go to the Play Store/App Store app of your device.
- Write Hulu on the search bar.
- Click the Update option if there is any update option available.
Launch the Hulu app & stream any video to check if the error disappears or not.
4. Connect with a VPN
Sometimes Hulu server may mark the IP address as malicious and stop the streaming process, resulting in the said error message on the screen.
Also, due to some geographical restrictions, Hulu can block streaming access.
In such cases, Using a strong Virtual Private Network(VPN) would be a good idea. You may try NordVPN, SurfShark, ProtonVPN, etc., to remove the blocking access from the Hulu server.
5. Clear Browser & App cache
The cache memory’s function is to operate the program you want to run in the system. But when these cache files get corrupted or filled in the browser or the phone app, it causes the stated error on Hulu.
Removing these cache files from the browser and phone can resolve the error.
Here are the steps to remove cache from the browser, Android and iOS app:
For Browser (Chrome)
- Open the browser & press on the three-doted icon in the right corner.
- Click on Settings.
- Select Privacy and security. Move to Clear browsing data and tap on it.
- Go to the Advanced tab.
- Check Cached images and files, Cookies and other site data boxes.
- Click on the Clear data option.
Visit the Hulu website after the data clear procedure is finished. Watch any video to see whether the issue is still showing or not.
- Press a long tap on the Hulu app.
- Click on the App info when it appears.
- Select the Storage usage option.
- Click Clear data & Clear cache.
Now open the Hulu app to watch a video.
- Find the iOS Settings and select the General option.
- Click on the iPhone Storage option.
- Locate & Click on the Hulu app.
- Press Offload App and select the Offload App again to ensure. This process will delete all the app data and cached files of the Hulu app.
- Tap the Reinstall App option to bring back the Hulu app on the iOS device.
This way, the error should remove from the iOS device.
6. Stream with different devices
Sometimes streaming devices can be the main reason Hulu error code occurs. A fault in the device or improper power connection can cause a complication in the system and create the mentioned error.
Check the power connection and try to run other videos or games on the device to see where the main problem is. If the problem is in the device, consult with mechanics to fix it or change the device to run Hulu videos.
Browsers can also trigger the error in Hulu. Try logging into Hulu by switching browsers like Chrome, Mozilla, Opera, etc.
7. Check Hulu Server
When the Hulu server is down, you will get Hulu error code 406. This is often an HTTP response status code that indicates a problem with the client’s ability to interact with the server.
Visit DownDetector to see if the issue you’re experiencing in Hulu is related to a server outage.
If there is currently a Hulu app outage, wait till they resolve the issue on their end.
Once the server problem has been fixed, you can stream Hulu to watch movies, games, etc.
8. Reinstall the Hulu app
If you try all the methods from above and the error is still there on the screen, try the old uninstalling & reinstalling the app trick. This trick is proven quite effective in many errors. Follow the steps to uninstall & reinstall the Hulu app.
Here are the steps to uninstall & reinstall the Hulu app for PC, Android & iOS:
- Press on the Windows icon and click Settings.
- Select Apps > Apps and features.
- Locate Hulu apps, click on it & select Uninstall.
- Restart your PC.
- Go to Microsoft Store.
- Type Hulu in the Microsoft Store search bar.
- Click the Get in Store app option to reinstall the Hulu app.
- Find the Hulu app on your android phone.
- Press the Hulu icon a long bit longer until the Uninstall option appears.
- Click Uninstall.
- Go to the Play Store application.
- Search the Hulu app in the Play Store and click Install.
- Go to iOS Settings and click on the General option.
- Tap on iPhone Storage and find the Hulu app from there.
- Click on the Hulu app.
- Select Offload App and tap Offload App again to confirm. It will not completely uninstall the app; instead, it will delete all the app data.
- Click Reinstall App to get back the Hulu app.
- Select Delete App to remove the app from your device totally.
- Open App Store and search for the Hulu application.
- Click on the Get button from the right side of the Hulu app to reinstall the application.
Once the reinstall is completed, open the Hulu app to see if the error is gone. If not, contact Hulu Support for further help.
Why am I getting an error code on Hulu?
You are getting an error code on Hulu because of a weak network connection, the old version of Hulu apps, and a Defective Streaming device.
Which geographical regions is Hulu available?
Only users from the United States, Puerto Rico, and a few cities in Japan may view content through Hulu. Outside of these areas, the service isn’t available. But users can see Hulu videos & games using a VPN service living outside those countries.
How to know if the Hulu server is working or not?
Go to DownDetector using any browser, and you will know if the Hulu server is having a problem or working correctly.
Hulu is a well-known and popular OTT platform. Despite being a popular mass entertainment platform, its errors are ruining people’s pleasure time.
A malfunctioning streaming device, a weak internet connection, or an out-of-date device is the root of the 406 error. You can fix this fault on Hulu by following the fixes given above.
Hope you find this article useful. If you have any questions feel free to ask in the comment section.