When playing Minecraft world, you may need to zoom in on your Minecraft world to see your small items better or take a good screenshot.
But in-game, you do not find any zoom-in options on the game. If you are worried about how to use the zooming-in feature on Minecraft, do not worry.
In this post, I will show you some easy and effective ways to zoom in on your Minecraft game.
Keep reading the whole post and follow the instructions.
Also, Check out our separate post on how to find spawn chunks in Minecraft.
How to Zoom in on Minecraft
In Minecraft, there are several reasons why you might need to zoom in. Zooming is not built-in or a default feature in Minecraft.
When you explore your Minecraft world, sometimes you may need to see your items or blocks closure or need a clear view of objects while producing. Also, you may need some good screenshots to show your friends.
Though Minecraft has no built-in zooming feature, you can zoom in on your game by following some methods.
So, let’s get started to know the ways of zooming in on Minecraft.
Here’s a complete guide on how to fix Minecraft keeps crashing.
Here are the steps to zoom in on Minecraft:
1. Use Low Field of View (FOV) in Options
In Minecraft, you can zoom in easily using and adjusting the Field of View. The FOV is the built-in feature of your Minecraft game.
There are no mods needed if you are using FOV in Minecraft to adjust your zoom-in capability. Adjusting your Field of View, or FOV, in Minecraft allows you to customize what appears on the screen.
You can zoom in and out of the game screen with the Minecraft Field of View. If you set the higher FOV value, you will see more things on your screen. If you set a lower FOV value, you will be able to get a zoomed-in view of your world.
Check out the easiest way to fix Minecraft cannot join world error.
If you are playing Minecraft using a PC (Java Edition), then you follow the steps below to zoom in on Minecraft Java Edition:
- Open the Minecraft Launcher and press the ESC button on your keyboard when you are in-game.
- Select and open Options on the game menu screen.
- Decrease the FOV value by sliding the slider to the left on the FOV options to the zoom-in screen. Or,
- Increase FOV value by sliding the slider to the right on the FOV options to zoom out the screen.
- Select Done and click Back to Game.
However, you will have to act on this item in the setting menu every time you want to increase or decrease the zoom level, making the process slower.
PRO TIP: Use a Minecraft Command Block to get a Spell Book.
2. Use the OptiFine Mod
OptiFine is a mod that allows you to control the zoom in or out on your Minecraft world. It is software that needs to install on your PC.
OptiFine is a graphical mod that offers the ability to zoom in Minecraft. Improved graphics, high-definition textures, dynamic lighting, realistic water, and more are included.
This mod only supports Java Edition like Windows, macOS, and Linux platforms. This mod is not available for Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition, Minecraft for mobile devices, or Minecraft for gaming consoles.
Also, check out our separate post on how to fix Minecraft not responding.
To install OptiFine and apply the zooming feature to your game, follow these steps:
- Download and install the latest Java SE Development Kit on your PC if you do not have one.
- Download the latest version of OptiFine by clicking the Downloads tab on optifine.net for your latest version of Minecraft. If your Minecraft version is not up to date, download the OptiFine compatible version by clicking the Show all versions tab.
- Double click to open the OptiFine downloaded file and complete the installation.
- Open the Minecraft launcher to check the OptiFine mod has been loaded onto the game or not.
- OptiFine mod is shown on the left side of the PLAY button if it has loaded onto the game.
- Open Latest Release Box and select OptiFine from the drop-down menu.
- Make sure a little green checkmark is selected.
- Click Installations at the top of the launcher if OptiFine isn’t shown in the drop-down menu. Then, in the upper-left corner of the screen, click New. For installation, type OptiFine. Select the version with OptiFine in the title from the Version menu.
- Open the game by clicking the Play button.
- Press and hold the C key to zoom in or out to the object while playing the game.
Follow our guide to make a Saddle in Minecraft.
3. Use a Spyglass
Minecraft now allows players to make a zooming object in the game. In the 1.17 update, Minecraft added a new Spyglass item that allows players to zoom in on specific areas.
The spyglass is a craftable item in Minecraft that allows players to modify their Field of Vision without going into the settings menu whenever they want to change it. You can craft spyglass on your Minecraft craft table.
Here’s a complete guide on how to get bees in Minecraft.
Required Materials For Crafting Spyglass:
- 2x Copper Ingots
- 1x Amethyst Shard
Crafting Recipe Of Spyglass:
- Open 3*3 grid Crafting Table in your Minecraft
- Place one Amethyst Shard in the middle of the first row.
- Place two Copper Ingots in the middle of the second and third row.
- Move your Spyglass into your inventory to use it.
Also, check how to add music bots in Minecraft and make your game more amusing.
How To Zoom In On Minecraft PS4
In PS4, you can also zoom in on Minecraft. To zoom in or out in-game, you do not need to use any mods.
You can zoom in or out in Minecraft following some Accessibility actions on PS4. Zooming features on PS4 in Minecraft is not very user-friendly, but it is better to have something than nothing.
Follow these steps to zoom in on PS4 in Minecraft:
- Press the middle PlayStation button of the controller to open the Settings.
- Open Accessibility on the Settings menu.
- Select the Zoom option and enable the Zoom option by clicking the box.
- Close the settings menu and start the game.
Remember to use the PS4 button commands listed below:
- Hold the Playstation button and the square button together to zoom in.
- Click the circle button to cancel and zoom out.
- Use the direction buttons to pan around the screen area.
Also, Whitelist Minecraft servers globally by using the best VPNs for Minecraft.
How To Zoom In On Minecraft Xbox One
In Xbox One, users can use the Magnifier tool to zoom in or out in Minecraft. The Xbox One’s Magnifier tool serves as a universal zooming tool for all games on the system.
Follow the steps to access Magnifier for zooming in Minecraft:
- Press and hold the Xbox logo button until it vibrates while in-game.
- Locate the Magnifier option in the lower right corner of the screen that appears.
- Select the Magnifier feature by pressing the button with two boxes on the controller.
- Click Yes to confirm. By holding the left and right triggers, you may zoom in and out.
- Enable the Magnifier feature, hit the Xbox button twice.
- Press the Xbox button twice to disable this feature.
- Pan the screen using the right analog stick.
Follow our guide to know is Minecraft free on PS4.
How To Zoom In On Minecraft Bedrock Edition
Minecraft on smartphones and tablets, game consoles, and Minecraft: Windows 10 Edition are Minecraft Bedrock Editon. These all devices are compatible with the Field of View (FOV) method.
In Minecraft Bedrock Edition, you can adjust FOV to set zoom in or out on your world. But, in Minecraft Bedrock Editon, the game setting menu and FOV setting menu are different from Java Edition.
Follow the steps below to zoom in on Minecraft Bedrock Editon:
- Launch Minecraft and open the game menu screen.
- Open Settings to adjust the game preference.
- Select Video options under General in the left Settings menu panel.
- Under the Video settings, you can see the FOV option.
- Lower the FOV value by sliding the slider to the left on the FOV options to the zoom-in screen. Or,
- Increase FOV value by sliding the slider to the right on the FOV options to zoom out the screen.
- Select Done and go back to the game.
Also, check out our separate post if Minecraft keeps crashing on your PC.
How To Zoom In On Minecraft Mac
Adjusting the FOV feature and using OptiFine mod to give you the zooming ability in Minecraft on Mac. But, you can also zoom in or out in Minecraft without using FOV or OptiFine mod.
In Mac, there is an in-built zooming feature. You can use the macOS Accessibility option to zoom in on Minecraft. So, let’s see how to use Accessibility on Mac.
Follow these steps below to use Accessibility for zooming in Minecraft:
- Use Spotlight or the dock at the bottom to access System Preferences.
- Select Accessibility from the menu.
- Select Zoom at the top left of the screen.
- Check Use scroll gesture with modifier keys to zoom from the Zoom menu panel.
- Start the Minecraft game again.
- Hold the modifier key to zoom in and out on your Mac computer.
Follow our guide to make Dyes in Minecraft.
How To Zoom In Minecraft Without Mods
You can use the in-game Field of View (FOV) feature or craft a Spyglass in Minecraft to zoom in or out in Minecraft without mods.
If you want to use the FOV feature or create a Spyglass in Minecraft, follow the earlier steps, where I describe these methods step by step.
Check out the easiest way to make compass in Minecraft.
In Minecraft, you can use in-game Field of View (FOV) features to increase or decrease the value of FOV for zooming in or out of your screen in Minecraft.
You can also use Spyglass after creating the Spyglass in Minecraft to zoom in or out of your Minecraft world. You can use Spyglass instead of using the in-game FOV feature setting option.
If you want to zoom in or out in your Minecraft game, you can use the OptiFine mod. The OptiFine mod allows you to zoom in Minecraft by using your keyboard button like C. But it differs from the various versions.
In this post, I describe earlier all the ways to zoom in on Minecraft. Follow my instructions carefully to know the easy ways to zoom in on your Minecraft world.