How to Easily Fix THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER
Are you facing an error STOP CODE: THREAD STUCK IN A DEVICE DRIVER?
Well this is a common error faced by most windows users.
This error is also known as 0x100000ea.
This error is a great troublesome but don’t panic because you’ll get the simplest solutions here in this post.
Let’s start following the process very carefully.
What is THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER Error
Thread Stuck in device driver is a device driver related issue, which is actually a stop code that appears when something goes wrong with one of the existing drivers in your system.
You might question:
Does this error result from defective hardware?
In this case, you are safe if you are facing this error because this is a result of bad device drivers. Hardware’s doesn’t have anything to do with this.
Now, you might be wondering:
What can be the reasons behind this error?
Well, there can be a few ones and to know about them follow me to the next part.
Culprits behind the Error THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER
Let me get this thing straight:
The Stop code THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER occurs whenever the driver file falls in an endless loop.
Another cause can be due to the outdated drivers existing in the system.
Maybe sometimes the error can occur due to driver conflicts or damaged video cards or even an obsolete BIOS.
Reasons can be many, you just don’t need to overthink about it.
Because in the next part, you will get the idea about the fixes that will solve this problem in no time.
Fix for THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER
By now you did have an idea about the error and its causes. So, I will not waste much of your time.
It gets worse:
When the existing error, cause another one which will just make the situation more pathetic for you.
So, before things get worse, you should try out the relevant solution that will solve your problem.
Let us dive right into the process and waste no time.
Step-1: Update your Windows Version
Before you try out something very complicated, you can try to update your Windows version.
The reason is, Microsoft is quite aware of the fact that there are errors that users often face while operating their system.
So, they need to keep it updated to avoid any sorts of issues that users might face after they have updated their version.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to the Search option in your taskbar.
- Now, there in the dialogue box type Check for updates and click on it.
- Then you will be automatically navigated Windows update window.
- There you have to click on Check for updates and wait for some time.
- Now, if any update is there, it will solve the problem and the new version will get installed.
- Now you need to restart your system and see if the error still exist or not.
You might not want to update windows and for this reason the next steps are given.
Step-2: Stop your Hardware acceleration
The error “THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER” can also be solved if you stop your hardware acceleration that is set it to none.
You might question:
What is hardware acceleration?
Well this is a process through which a specific app would use relevant hardware parts to do specific tasks much more smoothly.
This process might not result to work as efficiently which might result into the error we are discussing.
So, you need to stop this process and for this follow the steps I mentioned below:
- Go to the search bar and type Display settings.
- You will see that an option named Change display settings appeared; just click on it.
- Now scroll down and click on advanced display settings.
- Then click on Troubleshoot and then go for change settings
- Now set the Hardware acceleration slider to none.
- Now apply the settings and restart your system.
Step-3: Fix the corrupt files your system
The stop code that we are discussing can also occur if there exists corrupt files in your PC.
What’s the remedy?
In this case, you can opt for system file checker to solve the issue.
Here’s how you can do it:
- Go to search and type command prompt.
- Now type sfc /scannow and hit enter.
- Now the System file checker will scan your PC to search for corrupt files and repair them.
Step-4: Graphics card driver update needed
You might be wondering:
How graphics card drivers are relevant to this error?
Well, it is somehow because various defective drivers can cause the stop code error and your graphics card drivers might be one of them.
In many instances it is seen that graphics related drivers are the most common ones behind the Thread stuck in device driver error.
So, to solve this follow me the steps below:
- Go to search and type Run
- Then in the dialogue box, type devmgmt.msc and hit enter.
- You will now automatically navigate to device manager.
- Now look for display adapter and expand it.
- Then right click on your graphics card and choose to update driver software.
- Now select Search Automatically for updated driver software and wait till the process is done.
- After it is done, restart your system and check if the issue is still there or not.
Step-5: Get a BIOS update
If none of the above solutions solved the “Stop code: THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER” error, than you can try the option of updating your BIOS.
It is quite a critical task to perform and can hamper your system if the things go wrong.
But you don’t worry as I have simplified the steps for you. Just follow those very carefully.
- Go to run and type msinfo32 in the box and hit enter.
- You will see that you are in system information window now, from there know your BIOS version and manufacturer
- Now navigate to the manufacturer’s website and then click on the auto detect option.
- Now you will see the list of drivers from where you have to click on BIOS and download the update.
- After downloading, double click on the file to run it.
- This will eventually update your BIOS and may fix your problem.
Step-6: Uninstall antivirus and all other problematic apps
Well you can also try out this resort because sometimes the third party apps within your system may cause you the error we are talking about.
Since Windows does have a built in firewall, you need to uninstall the third party antivirus you have along with all other files that you have in your system.
For the antivirus, use tools available on the internet and for other just go to control panel and uninstall them.
Question: How to fix “THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER”?
Answer: You can fix the error if you update your windows version, get a BIOS update, remove unnecessary files, update the graphics drivers or stop the hardware acceleration, just like what I have discussed in the blog.
Question: What is 0x100000ea?
Answer: Well this stop code is another form receiving the THREAD STUCK IN A DEVICE error. If you are to face the error you might receive it on either forms.
Question: What is hardware acceleration?
Answer: The process through which an app would use relevant hardware parts to do specific tasks much more efficiently in your system.
Well, these are the easiest of the steps through which you can solve “THREAD STUCK IN DEVICE DRIVER” in no time.
Hopefully, you did understand each of the steps I have discussed and you have to just apply the one which solves your problem.
If you still face any issues, don’t hesitate to ask on the comment section below.