Are you suffering from high ping in every Roblox game you play? Is it too laggy while playing?
It’s pretty frustrating and annoying. I’ve been playing Roblox for a long time, and I know exactly how it feels when a game is constantly lagging. Every time I opened Roblox, I saw a minimum of 1000 ping while playing last month.
Even one day, while playing on Roblox, I faced 2800 ping! Can you imagine?
But this time you can through your worry away. As I faced constant lagging, I’ve researched why this problem occurs and tracks down the solutions you can apply.
So, why is my ping on Roblox so high?
Keep reading until you solve your issue.
Note: Don’t expect connecting a free VPN will solve the issue cause adding two extra hops make the ping issue much worse.
How to Fix High Ping and Lagging?
Roblox is one of the most popular online platforms people play games designed by fellow users. You can both play and create games on Roblox. There are over 40 million games on Roblox that are free of cost.
Let’s say you have finished a game, but you want to play some new levels on that game. If you can figure out a frame on how the levels will be, the available options there, and stuff like that, you can modify a game you wish using Roblox Studio.
So, it’s like heaven for people who love to make games, mod games, and play all the fun, challenging games. But the heaven falls apart when users suffer from a constant high ping that leads to lagging and crashing the game.
There are definite reasons behind this problem, and I will mention the reasons and provide the solution that you can follow and apply on your end to get rid of this pathetic problem.
Here’s our free guide to making clothes on Roblox.
Here are the steps to fix high ping and lagging:
1. Restart your Home Network
Maybe your router is unresponsive because of overheating. So, if you face constant lag spike and high ping, the first thing you do is restart your router. To restart your router, you may follow the following steps:
- Unplug your router from the power source and leave it for 1 minute,
- Plug the router again in the power source and wait for the indicator lights up.
Go to Roblox and see whether the issue is gone. If not, you are probably facing the issue for another reason. So move forward and apply the rest of the solutions until the problem is gone.
Check out the easiest way to make a Roblox hair.
2. Update your OS
If there is an update available on your OS, you should download and install it whenever you can. Updating the OS can solve the existing glitch and network package issues. So, try the following steps to update your OS:
- Press the Windows key and scroll down until you find Settings.
- Enter Settings and click the Update & Security.
- Select Check for updates. Download and Install the latest package.
Launch Roblox and see if the problem is solved. If you see “You’re up to date” on the Windows Update page after clicking Check for updates, this might not be your problem.
Follow our guide to fix Roblox error code 103.
3. End the Heavy Apps
Playing Roblox while other heavy apps, for instance, Adobe Photoshop, Lumion, Matlab, and so on, running in the background can cause constant lagging and high ping. You need to close the apps to play Roblox swiftly. Here’s the method you need to follow to end the heavy apps:
- Click on the search option right next to the Windows logo and type Task Manager.
- Hit enter when the Task Manager appears on the search result.
- Find the heavy apps that take more Memory and pressure the CPU and Disk.
- Right-click on every heavy app you find one by one and click End task.
Close the Task Manager and relaunch Roblox. Enter a game to verify if ending heavy apps is resolved your lagging and high ping problem.
Quickly fix ROBLOX Error Code 517 on Desktop.
4. Lower your Graphics Settings
Roblox allows the player to set the graphics quality manually or automatically. You have to lower your graphics settings manually while facing the high lag spike on Roblox. You can apply the following measures to reduce your graphics quality:
- Launch Roblox and click on the Roblox logo.
- Navigate to the Settings
- Change the Graphics Mode to Automatic if you want automatic graphics quality. Change the mode to Manual if you’re going to set the graphics quality manually. You’ll find a slider to adjust the graphics quality. If you move it right, it’ll set for better graphics, and moving left, it’ll set for better performance.
- Press Esc to return to home,
Relaunch Roblox and see if the issue is long gone.
Also, check out our separate post on redeem Roblox toy codes.
5. Check your Windows Firewall
Sometimes your Windows Firewall blocks multiple programs without giving you any warning. That’s why you need to go to the Control Panel and turn off the Windows Firewall manually. Here’s how you can turn off your Windows Firewall:
- Click on the search button, type Control Panel, and hit enter.
- Navigate to System and Security.
- Click Windows Defender Firewall.
- Click Turn Windows Defender Firewall on or off.
- Select Turn off Windows Firewall (not recommended) under both Private network settings and Public network settings.
Launch your Roblox and have a look if the problem persists. If it’s not the reason for high ping or lagging on Roblox, go to the Customize Settings page again and turn on Windows Firewall again.
Check out the easiest way to get your Roblox account back without email.
6. Flush DNS
An incorrect network configuration can drive to an awful ping or lagging on Roblox. If you are a Windows user, you can flush the DNS and reset it to the exact network configuration. Here’s the method to flush your DNS:
- Push the Windows key and type Command prompt.
- Click on the Run as administrator and click Yes to affirm your decision.
- Type ipconfig /flushdns and press enter.
- Type ipconfig /registerdns and hit enter.
- Type ipconfig /release and push enter.
- Type ipconfig /renew and squeeze enter.
- Type netsh winstock reset and press enter.
Restart your PC and launch Roblox. See if there is a change this time.
Follow our guide to install and use Roblox shaders.
7. Update the Network Driver
If your driver is outdated or corrupted somehow, you might face a high lagging and ping issue. So, you have to update your network driver. Here’s how you can manually update the network driver:
- Open a browser, go to the manufacturer’s website, and look for the driver for your network adapter.
- Download and install the driver.
Restart your PC and check if the problem is gone for good.
What is network congestion?
Network congestion is a common phenomenon that occurs when several devices are connected to a network that isn’t designed to take that type of load. When a few devices are connected to a network, some might take a lot of bandwidth to perform actions, and network congestion occurs.
High ping and lagging occur due to a lot of reasons. For figuring out the reason, apply the solutions mentioned above one after another and check if the problem is long gone. Comment below if you have any questions or suggestions.