Don’t worry; you are not the first person to face such errors.
Keep Reading, As I am about to show you how to resolve annoying errors that stop you from installing Discord.
Also, check out how to fix discord screen share no audio on Windows 10.
1. Discord installation files are corrupted
2. Discord is running with administrator permissions, and
3. Windows Audio Video Experience service is not running.
These reasons are vital to the discord app since it’s highly related to its core functionality.
An important point to note is that:
Unintentionally, there are various issues that can cause the installation process to fail. But, In most cases, the error is caused by corrupted Discord installation files or other third-party apps like antivirus software.
Discord on PS4? Check out now!
If you are using discord on PC, you will notice the error message shows Uncaught exception: Error: Object has been destroyed. It means that your PC is unable to locate some installation files.
1. Terminate Discord Processes from System Tray
This step is 100% working for this scripted error. Close Discord in the system tray and make sure all Discord processes end. The stray processes can hide in your task manager-. So, double-check those to end tasks.
Discord stores temporary data on your computer. For an exact crop up from these errors, you have to delete discord files from local app data and app data folder.
Here are the steps to delete local files from your computer:
- Open the Run Dialog box by pressing the Win+R button simultaneously.
- Type %appdata% in the box and find the Discord Folder from the AppData folder. Delete the folder.
- Close the Tab and reopen the Run dialogue box.
- Type %localappdata% in the Run window and hit Enter.
- Find the Discord Folder and delete it.
- Restart your System.
NB: If your Windows OS keeps telling you that the file cannot be deleted because it's still in use. Go to the Task Manager from the startup tab and end all tasks of Discord.
In some cases, you may have to try some additional steps:
Set the Discord application (%LocalAppData%/Discord/most recent version) to run as Administrator and set the Compatibility to Windows 7 or 8. Make sure to close all discord processes before commencing further.
2. Whitelist Discord Installation Files
Many antivirus apps target some discord file, specifically the discord_voice application-specific approximate recovery file keeping it isolated during the installation process.
In this case, whitelisting the software from the antivirus is the best solution. Here are the steps to whitelist discord from the AVAST antivirus:
- Open Avast user interface.
- Navigate to the right panel and click on Virus Chest.
- Locate any files starting with discord_ from the virus chest.
- Hover over the files and select Restore and add exception by clicking the three-dotted icons.
- Perform the step for every discord file and restart the installation process.
Important: To avoid any further errors in the future, whitelist the Discord setup executable as an exception in Avast.
Open Avast > click on the start Menu Icon > Settings > General > Add Exception > Browse to the location > Add exception to Discord setup executable.
Learn how to add music bot in discord under 1 minute.
3. Change the Windows Audio Video Experience Service
Some users reported that changing the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience Service’s Startup type from manual to automatic resolved the Discord fatal Java error. You can also try this step.
- Launch the Run Utility and type services.msc and click ok.
- Select the Audio Video Experience service and right-click on the properties window.
- Click the Stop button to stop the service, and then click the Start button to start it again.
- Ensure the startup type is Automatic. If not, then click on the drop-down menu list and select the Automatic option.
- Click OK to save changes.
4. Run program without Administrator Permission
It is not supported to run any program as an administrator. Users reported that running discord with administrator privileges fixed the error.
Here are the steps to run Discord without administrator:
- Locate the Discord folder executable.
- Change its properties by right-clicking its entry either on the Desktop, the Start menu, or the search results window.
- Choose Properties and navigate to the Compatibility tab.
- Uncheck the box next to the Run this program as an administrator option before saving any changes.
5. Reinstall Discord
Try installing a fresh discord if the older version is problematic.
Here are the steps to reinstall the discord software:
- Type Control panel in the windows search.
- Select Program > Uninstall a program.
- Find Discord and right-click to uninstall.
- Download the latest version of discord from the official page.
- Install the software and go to discord settings to save the changes you once executed.
This solution is especially for the Windows 7 users who struggle to install and then launch Discord on their computer.
I have tried and tested these tweaks several times to fix this issue in no time.
- Click on the Start Menu in your Windows 7. Allow the administrative permissions from the Computer.
- Go to the Server Manager > features.
- Click the option to add features and locate the Quality Windows Audio Video Experience option.
- Checkmark the given box and then click on Next to move forward.
- Confirm the installation and ensure that you have selected an option named QWAVE.
- Click the Install button and wait until the installation completes.
- Restart your computer.
Follow the steps mentioned in this post to solve any discord launching issue immediately. One of the best solutions would be to delete local files and then freshly install the latest discord.
I tried to highlight the most commonly approached methods to resolve the error messages. Do mention in the comment section if you find any problems.