How to Fix Epson Error Code 0x97
in 5 Easy Steps
Are you having issues with your Epson printing device?
Does it stop functioning in the mid way?
I know being an Epson user must be very much annoying right now. Isn’t it?
I have found some easy fixes which will be both easy to understand and more of a time saver for you.
In this post, I am going to provide you the simplest solutions to fix Epson Error Code 0x97 and related issues.
So, let us not waste time and jump right into the process.
What is Epson error code 0x97?
Epson error code 0x97 is and error that shows up for certain internal hardware related issue, which can occur at any time without prior warnings.
Epson is one of the leading tech brands and its printer series has a very good reputation.
But as like every other normal gadgets it would obviously have some issues and as you are quite annoyed with the Epson error code 0x97.
What happens when error code 0x97 occurs?
Whenever you will see that your printer stopped working in the mid-way and the indicator in the printer will turn off and on repetitively, then you are actually facing this issue for sure.
Why Epson error code 0x97 occur?
As I told you earlier, this is totally an internal issue of the hardware and you would definitely want to know the reasons behind this.
Since this is an internal issue, it is obvious that would be related to motherboard or hard-drives.
In this case, what happens is if motherboard fails out of nowhere or any other internal device fails, then the error occurs.
But there are obviously solutions to this problem, which I am going to discuss in the next part. You just don’t panic and take notes carefully.
Easiest Fix for Epson error code 0x97
By now, you did know what the error is all about and the reasons behind it. This very error is seen among various models of EPSON printers.
But the question is:
Can you solve it on your own?
To be very honest, you can. Before the whole thing gets worse you can try out different methods on your own for solving the problem.
Here are few steps which I am going to discuss right now. All these are simple and easy to perform and you can job the done in no time. So, let us jump into the methods.
Step-1: Disconnect the printer and then reconnect it.
Well it is a very easy process for you to solve the problem only if you have the relevant technical knowledge.
If not, no worries; you can always use the manual that was provided to you at the time of buying the printer. In this case, the basic thing you need to do is disconnect the power supply of your printer.
But the one question left is:
Are these steps going to be same for any model?
No, it wouldn’t be. Steps might vary depending on the model and that’s why I told you to use the manual on the first place.
You don’t need to worry you go through all the steps orderly. Let us not waste time and follow the steps mentioned below:
1. First of all you need to switch off your printing device.
2. Now disconnect all the wires connected to the printer.
3. Open the casing, remove the cartridges and also any paper, if it is stuck inside.
4. Now reconnect everything that you have disconnected in previous two steps.
5. Wait for 3-4 minutes
6. Now switch on your printer and check if the error message still prevails or not.
If the error doesn’t appear again, it’s fine. But if it does, do not panic there are four more other steps that I am going to discuss. At least one will definitely work out for you. Now let us move on to the next method.
Step-2: Updating the printer drivers
Sometimes driver related issues might cause this problem. You have to update your drivers in this regard to the latest version. This is an easy step and you can do it very quickly, if you follow the steps mentioned below.
- Visit the website of Epson printers.
- Now in the website look for Epson connect printer setup software then download it.
- Install it in your computer.
- Select the printer model and hit enter on the click update driver option. It will update all the drivers to the latest option in a single click.
- Now check if your printer is functioning like before or not.
Step-3: The Wet Tissue Process
Even if the both methods discussed above didn’t really work out for you, you can go for the wet tissue process.
Dusts and other residues often accumulate in your device and in case of printer this might result in the whole issue we are discussing about. The wet tissue process is there to solve the error.
But the problem is:
To carry out this method, at least a decent amount of technical knowledge is required. But don’t worry, the manual is always there for you and if needed you can also consult an expert.
Let us have a look at the steps to carry out the total process.
- Switch your printer off
- Disconnect all the cables
- Open the printer casing very cautiously
- Now what you need to do is, take a tissue and wet it using warm water.
- With the wet tissue, clean the mechanic pad and other parts.
- Keep the tissue for few minutes and remove it.
- Now reconnect the printer with the cables.
- Switch it on and see if it runs smoothly or not.
Step-4: Opt for Windows Printer Troubleshooter
You can also use Windows printer troubleshooter to solve the issue very quickly.
But here’s the main thing:
If you are a Windows 7/8 user then the solution would be a bit different than that of a Windows 10 user.
But here’s the kicker:
I’ve got the solutions for both the versions. All you need to do is just follow those that I have prepared.
Well it isn’t. Let us jump right into the solutions.
For Windows 10:
- Hit on windows button and in search bar type troubleshooting.
- Now go for troubleshooting settings
- Then click printer and run the troubleshooter
For Windows 7/8:
- Hit on the windows button
- In the search bar, type troubleshooting
- Now select troubleshooting and navigate to it
- Now click use a printer from Hardware and Sound option
- Then click next and the computer will automatically fix the issue
Step-5: Alternative Plugin method
Now after trying all the above four methods I have discussed if you still couldn’t solve the problem and clueless about the whole situation, do not worry, I have got one last easy solution for you.
Now the question is:
Didn’t we discuss this method before?
Yes, we did but it is a bit a different from that one. So, let us see what this method is all about.
- Switch off and disconnect all cables from your printer.
- Take a five minutes break and wait for the printer to cool
- Press and hold the button for a minute at a stretch.
- Do release the hold and connect the power cord, and hold it another minute
- Release the power button and check if the error is still there.
Question: What happens when Epson Error Code 0x97 occurs?
Answer: When the error occurs, it can be detected on the device LED screen. The printing process will be off the mid-way and the device will turn on and off repetitively.
Question: Are the methods discussed above would be same for all the models?
Answer: No, it won’t be. The Solutions will vary depending on the model.
Question: What is the Wet Tissue Process?
Answer: It is basically the process of making the tissue wet with warm water and cleaning the residues and dust on the internal components of the device with the help of it.
Not having your printing device working properly at the time of your need is a really annoying experience. In this article, I have tried to compile all the easiest possible solutions that you can render to this error related problem.
All you have to do is to follow the steps that I have discussed here to fix your device. Hope at least one will work out for you and if your issue is still not fixed, then the customer care support is always there for you.
If there is any confusion regarding the solutions, then drop a comment by and let us know.